“What a trip. Capt Jon and Ryan were excellent!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: The Drop Back is a 40 foot custom charter fishing boat specifically designed for reef, wreck and offshore fishing in the Florida Keys. We are conveniently located at the Postcard Inn and Marina at the world famous Holiday Isle , MM 84.5, near all of Islamorada's famous restaurants and attractions. The Florida Keys' waters offer a wide variety of species, from sport fish including Sailfish and Marlin to excellent eating fish such as Dolphin (Mahi-Mahi), Tuna, Wahoo, and Yellowtail Snapper. Let our highly skilled professional crew guide and assist you while tackling your trophy catch. Captain Jon Reynolds and his courteous, friendly crew welcome you aboard the Drop Back for a Florida Keys fishing experience of a lifetime!
Inverness, Florida
“What a trip. Capt Jon and Ryan were excellent!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We caught 60 dolphin on 2 trips. We could not have had more fun and were in very capable hands of the crew of these two men. Been coming and fishing Islamorada for 20yrs and our capt retired last year and recommended Capt Jon. We were not disappointed and hope to continue our yearly fishing trips on Drop Back Charters with Capt Jon and Ryan. Check out the photos..If you can't have fun in the Keys, I don't think you can...

Visited June 2013
Jonathon R, Owner at Drop Back Fishing Charters, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
We were really excited ourselves to be able to put two days of fishing together and catch some decent sized fish...there were literally hundreds of thousands "shakers" out there the last two weeks and trying to find some that were keepers was tough! Ryan and I enjoyed having you and Wally on board for those two days and hope we can live up to your expectations in the years to come after having the two of you fish with the great Captain JR these past 20 years.

15 attraction reviews
“Here Fishy Fishy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Talked with several charter captains over a 2mo time frame...prior to deciding to book with Drop Back. We decided to go with Capt Jon based on his ATTITUDE about our fishing day. We felt, after talking with him he would do everything within his ability to find the fish. It wouldn't be just another day & an expensive boat ride. His boat is great. The Mate was great at any assisting needed. They're both very personable & professional. It was a rather rough day at sea....but, he found the fish! This charter is money well spent & a great time doing it. You won't go wrong with them!

Visited June 2013
Jonathon R, Owner at Drop Back Fishing Charters, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
One thing we can't control is the weather. Regardless of the conditions, we will always give 110% on the Drop Back to find the fish. Thanks for the great review and it was a pleasure having you guys on board.
Captain Jon
“Great trip! Lots of fun! #1 charter!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

This fishing trip exceeded our expectations! Jon and Ryan were wonderful! They were both professional and very very knowledgeable. Jon and Ryan took us further out then they usually do to ensure we caught fish and had a good time. Ryan assisted on the deck, he was doing whatever he could to get fish on the line so we could reel them in. We caught about 8 fish on the 1/2 day trip. I would recommend this charter to everyone! We will be visiting them again soon! Thanks Jon and Ryan you made our trip amazing! #1 charter in the keys!

Visited June 2013
We might have had to go the distance for a 1/2 day of fishing, but it was definately quality over quantity that day. Thanks for joining us and hope to see again in the future.
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
“"Drop Back For Life"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I am an avid inshore fisherman from Myrtle Beach, SC. For the last 7 years we have been either renting a boat, or taking our own boat. Well NO MORE. One trip with Capt. Jon and Mate Ryan and I am hooked. We were the first to leave the dock due to Capt. Jon being fueled and ready when we arrived (On Time). On the ride out My son sat up on the tower chatted with Capt. Jon while Ryan answered all my Rookie questions. The boat was perfect, clean and comfortable and then the fun began. Capt. Jon spotted what he was looking for and headed that way. With in 1 hour of leaving the dock My Son was hooked up with his first Dolphin Ever. We got good direction on where to be and what to do. After landing that one My sister caught her 1st Dolphin followed by My Wife and friend. Then 17 more of the same. Listening to the radio chatter it was a rough day fishing but you could not tell this sitting on the DROP BACK. Thanks to Jon & Ryan's direction, By the time we came in my son could reel his own Dolphin in. My Whole Family had an amazing time. We enjoyed it so much I asked Capt. Jon to take us out on an evening Tarpon trip the next day. AWESOME. With in 10 min. I was hooked up on a Tarpon over 100lbs. This continued through the evening. 6 or 7 Tarpon hooked and 4 Caught. Also two big Nurse sharks. The best part is both days we were the only boat catching anything I have been on other charters but this was by far the best. Capt. Jon and Mate Ryan will work hard to make sure you have a good time and that you will catch ALOT of fish. I will be back every year and this is the only charter I will use. Thanks Jon & Ryan, Hopefully I will see you in Sept.

Visited May 2013
Jonathon R, Owner at Drop Back Fishing Charters, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Boy, what a couple of trips we had! I think my hand still hurts from all the high five-ing! I guess Joy or Jessica will figure out who is getting what birthday present and we will see you then! Thanks again.
Capt Jon
Concord, New Hampshire
“Back again for more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

This was my third trip on the Drop Back, and it was at least as good as the first two! My husband and I fished with Capt Jon and Ryan, and caught quite a few Mahi Mahi as well as tuna, beating out the other boats with our haul. With my and my husband's split in fishing experience, Jon and Ryan were able to help us both with as much or as little assistance as we needed, and were great about explaining what to do. Capt Jon talked about some of the cues that he follows to find just where the fish are lurking, such as the water color, the seaweed, and the bird activity. From up top he was able to see the water to let us know just where to cast out to entice to best fish, and we had a great time reeling them in! The boat was spotless, organized, and very comfortable. Jon and Ryan were energetic and helpful, and seem to have a real passion for what they do. We had a great time, and I'm sure we will be back again just as soon as we can!

Visited May 2013
We were sure glad to see you guys back on board, but probably not as glad as you were considering the temperature in New Hampshire when you left! Once again your managed to fill the rack and hope your dinner at Lazy Days was as good as the last time.