“Fantastic Time: Great Crew, Comfortable Boat!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 116 Activities in Islamorada
Type: Boat Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: "DIRTY BOAT" is a charter boat docked at Robbie's Marina in Islamorada, the sportfishing capital of the world. Don't let the name fool you, "DIRTY BOAT" is a clean and comfortable tournament rigged 32' Blackfin with low emissions twin CAT diesel motors. We specialize in light tackle live bait fishing for Sailfish, Tuna, Mahi, Snapper, Grouper, Cobia, Tarpon and several other species depending on the time of year.
Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
“Fantastic Time: Great Crew, Comfortable Boat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We chartered the Dirty Boat over labor day weekend and had a fantastic time. This was my wife's first offshore trip. Capt Joe and Hunter were great and we had a blast! I made a short video to capture the excitement we experienced catching black-fin tuna and dolphin (mahi)! Can't wait to get back down to Islamorada and book another charter with these guys!

• Czech first
Greensboro
7 attraction reviews
“Dirty Boat Delivers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

From Captain Joe to first mate Hunter, the Dirty Boat crew worked well and delivered blackfin tuna on a beautiful day on the water. I'm an experienced fisherman and I felt Joe did a good job putting us on fish and dodging a brewing storm. The Dirty Boat is a well utilized boat with new power plants that get you from dock to fishing quickly.
I enjoyed a full day trip on the water. If you want the real experience of Keys fishing the way it should be then this is the charter for you.
D. Hamilton

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
“Just the 3 of us”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We took a night time Tarpon trip last night. What a great trip! We were only able to bring in one tarpon, but not because of the lack of trying on Joe's part. He went out of his way to put us in the right place at the right time. When you put us on those lady fish and they were jumping out of the water all around us, that was so cool! Even though the tarpon weren't biting, we still caught many other fish (snappers, moon fish, and lady fish, etc.). The boat trip itself was amazing! Watching Joe maneuver the boat through the darkness was one of the most incredible experiences. Joe -- you're awesome, and thank you for a night we'll never forget!!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“From a slightly different perspective...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I'm a boat owner and fisherman on my days off. My wife and I typically fish out of Ft Lauderdale but often trailer the boat down to Islamorada. This was the case over Labor Day weekend, 2013. We ran out to the Islamorada hump and happened upon some birds working bait near the surface. We stopped and dropped our jigs over. Once we hooked up, several other boats made their way over to join in on the fun, including Dirty Boat. Typically, what we experience from charter boats in Ft Lauderdale is not very positive when fish are located. So often, the captain will crowd you off your spot and bully you with their much larger boat. This was not the case today. Not only was Dirty Boat respectful and considerate while still putting their clients on the tuna, but the captain took a few moments to take a couple of pics of us with our catch from his tuna tower. This gave us a very unique perspective and pictures we would otherwise never have a chance at getting. We gave him our cell number and he texted the pics to us that evening. For over an hour, the captain went on to share info about the area and gave me ideas on how to better fish the humps. Although I didn't spend the day fishing on the Dirty Boat, I know what excellent service looks like. I've also read the other reviews on this page and am not at all surprised that everyone has such positive things to share. I would definitely recommend this boat to anyone looking for a great experience on the water. Catch Em Up!!!

“Great fishing trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Took my daughter,son,and boyfriend of a cousin for a day of fishing and had a blast.Capt Joe and mate Hunter did a great job taking care of us.Caught entry of fish. Next trip to the keys I will charter the boat again. Thanks Joe and Hunter

Visited August 2013