“Thank You Islander Resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Islander Resort

Save Saved
You added Islander Resort to your Saves list
Islander Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Mile Marker 82.1 Oceanfront, P.O. BOX 766, Islamorada, FL 33036   |
Ranked #9 of 19 hotels in Islamorada
Orlando, Florida
“Thank You Islander Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We went on a cruise on 7/5 returning on 7/8 and started for the Keys were we were to stay at the Islander Resort on 7/8 and 7/9. Upon leaving the port starting our drive to the keys we learned my wife’s father was in serious condition in the hospital. I called the hotel directly and was greeted by a very nice female on the telephone. She stated she could not cancel as my reservations were through expedia, but if they would call there, they would waive the cancellation fees. She then gave me their number as we were on the road. I informed Expedia I could provide proof of the hospitalization if necessary. Expedia called the Islander and within 10 minutes stated they waived any cancellation fees and required no proof of the hospital stay. The Islander’s concern, understanding and generosity are more than appreciated and I want to thank you very much as I realize you certainly did not have to do what you did. We will certainly be back to visit and our stay will certainly be with you. Kudos also to expedia who waived all fees also and took care of everything for me promptly.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

694 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Lauderdale by the Sea
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I should have known when we arrived. Front desk was too busy answering the phone to even smile at check-in. But, we were still happy. Went to our room located in a building near to the beach area. Regardless of what they advertise, beach view means a tiny bit of view from 200 yards away. Still happy.
I need to say we are very fun loving, no strangers to a good party but, we were located smack in the middle of a very boisterous family reunion. They must have had 10 rooms scattered around us. VERY loud music until 1-2:00 AM every night. Not so happy.
Tried to call the front desk but the room phone did not work, neither did the coffee maker or bed side lamp. Finally emailed the desk and got a response a day later on the morning we left to say they sent security who did nothing, nothing, nothing to even slow the party down. One of the worst hotel beds we have ever slept on, lumpy and worn. Had no maid service the first day there, I notified the front desk who said "I'm sorry" that's it. Not so happy anymore.
If I had paid $59.00 a night I would have expected this type of accommodations but at $238.00 a night with every single amenity an additional cost I thought I was taken advantage of.
There was no regard for the comfort of other guests regarding the noise from this reunion. We took our bed comforter off the bed to hang over the door to muffle the sound. I know it's the keys, things happen, we came to relax and enjoy the incredible beauty this area offers but NEVER at the Islander again! Spend the extra $100 a day and go to the Cheeca Lodge, heaven on earth!

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We booked a pool side king room for our first anniversary. Check in did not give us a very good first impression. There was one lady at the front desk taking a phone call and signaled to us that she would be a minute, which is fine. Then she hung up the phone, and ignored us. Two people walked in, went behind the desk, and also ignored us. Then another lady came in and asked if we had been helped. We said no and we are checking in. She looked us up, gave us our keys and towels and sent us on our way in less than 2 minutes. She was quick, but it was not a very warm welcome. We were never told the pool hours, breakfast hours, or where anything was. Our room was nice. It was nice to have a kitchen and the little sitting area outside. I did not find this place to be very clean though. It wasn't filthy, but the baseboards could all use a dust and the walls would benefit from a fresh coat of paint. Also, there was always hair on the bathroom floor that clearly did not belong to my husband or I. The walls are very thin and our neighbor decided they would rearrange the furniture at 11 pm every night, or at least that's what it sounded like. The pool area was nice. There were always kids having a blast. The beach was OK, the water is not really swim-able in my opinion. Lots of sea grass and fish. Very shallow and very rocky. All in all, this place did what we needed it to, but I was expecting more. It did not ruin our vacation or anything, but I was disappointed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
islander123, Director of Sales at Islander Resort, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to let us know about your stay. We will definitely talk to the front desk about check in procedures. I'm so sorry you got less than stellar service - that's no way to start your vacation. Not sure what to think about your "late night decorating" neighbors, if you reported it to the office I hope we were able to quiet them down for you. Certainly we will discuss the cleanliness issue with our housekeeping staff, there's really no excuse for missing hair on the floor. Thank you again for your time.
Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We were upgraded to a beach side unit for our 33 wedding anniversary, it was very nice of them! The staff is outstanding and very accomodating, making a reservation was a bit of a challenge, I could not understand the gentlemen on the other line (India call center) after two attemps I hung up and booked on line with Expedia, other than that it was a great trip!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

WE WOULD definately stay here again! Perfect Location! We took our 15 yr. old son and had a great time! Awesome HUGE beach area, not the best for swimming, but there are plenty of other places to swim in the ocean around the area. We took a day trip to Key West, which is 77 miles South, Robbies is awesome and the Lorilie right across the street is an inexpensive place to eat, with good food! Tower Of Pizza also delivers to the Islander and their food was good too!

Room Tip: Don't stay by the pool unless you love to hear screaming children.
Westerville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We came for a family reunion and had a GREAT time. The front desk staff of Krissy and Trisch were a pleasure to see every morning with the complimentary breakfast. Anything you need, they are there with a smile on their face ready to help. The Tiki bar and restaurant was a big surprise. We expected a place to get a drink and have some OK food, but it was much better than that. Andy (The head chef) is fantastic and had great specials every night. We caught enough yellow tail snapper for two night’s meals and he made it four different ways that were all fantastic. (The sides were great as well) Vern the bartender was super and more than willing to accommodate special requests. He seemed to read your mind and just did things before you even knew you needed them; but of course a few minutes later you would ask and he was already on it!! We ate at many other restaurants while we were there, but the food at the Tiki bar was as good as anywhere else we ate. (We just like variety, so of course we would mix it up)
Be sure and check out the water sports on site for snorkeling,jet skis, large paddle boats and sailing. David & Joe were so good, we ended up jet skiing four times and that's only because we ran out of time. We could have gone several more times, since they are ready to mix up your trips and never made you feel you were a bother. The snorkeling trip to the reef's were a big hit with lot's of beautiful coral fish and they did not hurry you at all. My young grandson went out once and then wanted to go right back out. David made it all happen and watched over him, even snorkeled with him!!! These guys are just great!!! The swimming pools were clean and overall the staff were always friendly.

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms are much better and have a cool breeze on the patio all the time. The rooms in...
Medford, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We had our wedding here on June 20th. The location is gorgeous. Upon getting here we wished that we would have made reservations to stay here (we stayed at a home rental). The property is awesome! Big pool area, great bar and nice beach area for the kids! The food at our reception was out of this world! Everyone was great and accommodating. I would not change a thing about our day, especially not the location! Thank you to Karly and Corie!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
islander123, Director of Sales at Islander Resort, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Your wedding was just perfect ! We're so happy you spent your special day with us. Hope to see you back for your anniversary celebration.

Been to Islander Resort? Share your experiences!