“Such beautiful and unique treasures!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 17 Shopping in Islamorada
Type: Art Galleries, Shopping
More attraction details
Owner description: The Lobster Trap Art Gallery is a unique gallery full of colorful art from Nadine and Glenn Lahti and other local artists from the Florida Keys. Our artists have created hundreds of original works and our frame shop has constructed thousands of hand built and custom lobster trap frames, made from original lobster trap wood, since 2003. With bright tropical colors and island music playing, come see why this gallery is the epitome of "Island Life". Visit our website to see our online gallery and do more shopping. You don't have to live on the islands to lead the "Island Lifestyle!"
Redding, California
“Such beautiful and unique treasures!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

The reviews say it all! This is a beautiful little gem of a place. True to Floridian style, it's colorful, charming and full of character. I loved walking around and taking in all the LOCAL art. When I go on vacation, I like to get my souvenirs from local artists, rather than a mass-produced store, it's so much more special and unique. There's everything from sweet little pieces of jewelry, to brightly colored signage, to all manor of décor, some you can even have custom-made. I even got a beautiful free print just for stopping by. I can't wait to come back to Lobster Trap on my next visit to the Keys!

Visited February 2013

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

lobzilla139, Owner at Lobster Trap Art Gallery, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Valerie,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review! We take pride in only selling local art in our gallery...nothing is from overseas. Thank you for noticing that and mentioning it to our future visitors! Looking forward to seeing you again!

Miami, Florida, United States
8 attraction reviews
“Best Keys Art”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I shop here every time I come to the Keys. I first learned about them at the Coconut Grove Art show. When I learned they were opening their shop in the keys I just had to drive down for a visit. It was well worth the drive as I bought a few more items for my home as well as some jewelry by a guest artist. The staff is wonderful too. You just have to make the stop here when you are in the Keys or on-line.

Visited October 2012

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

lobzilla139, Owner at Lobster Trap Art Gallery, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Patricia,

Thank you for your great review!! It is an honor to be considered as part of the "best keys art"!! Thank you also for recommending our website as well!!

Andover, New Jersey, United States
“Lobster Trap Art Gallery~ wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

This uniques store had the Florida Keys feel- chock full of really beautiful and amazing pieces- fantastic for a beach house or themed room- quality stuff!!!!

Visited April 2013

Christine,

Thank you so much for leaving such a nice review! We are glad you enjoyed our gallery!!!

Lake Worth, United States
“So Impressed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I've purchased a couple of pieces from The Lahtis @SunFest, so I knew the quality was exceptional already. I arrived to Islamorada on a Friday afternoon & brought tiles for custom framing. I wish I could remember the lovely lady who helped me decide, as she was so friendly & even took me in the back of the studio to show me different styles to choose from. You can even pick your tags to put on the frame\\ Project was promised to me on Sunday late afternoon, as I wanted to pickup on our way home. I received a call Saturday morning before breakfast letting me know they were ready! When I picked up on Sunday, I was overly pleased and even got to chat with the owner, Mr. Lahti! These were the first two pieces of coastal art, as I am redecorating my home & I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM!!! Will visit here every time I go back to the FL KEYS.

Visited May 2013

Tiffany,

Thank you so much for your great review and also for including pictures of your pieces!! It was very nice of you you share our art with other reviewers! Glenn loved speaking with you, both of us enjoy personally getting to know our customers. It's a wonderful experience. Thanks again!!

“Best souvenirs ever!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

People go to the Keys to unwind, relax, distress... taste a little paradise before heading back to "real life". So, I found a way to bring a little piece of that paradise home! Every time I look at my charming prints from Lobster Trap, I relax a little, lose some tension....the colors brighten up my day and make me smile. I can't wait to go back and get more...want one in every room of my house! ....Beautiful art...cheap therapy!! :-)

Visited August 2013
Susy,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. It is so nice to know that our artwork helps you relax and unwind. We hope to see you again soon!!