“Great Little Get Away Spot” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Resort   |   84001 Overseas Hwy, Islamorada, FL 33036   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Islamorada
Duluth, Minnesota
“Great Little Get Away Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I recently stayed at t his resort for a week with my husband, and I must say that I LOVED it (we're in our low 30's). The room was decorated with a cute beach theme, and had a very relaxing ambiance. Then, when we walked out the back door, we were greeted with a very postcardesque view of the ocean, pool, trees, beach area, etc. The first couple of days were spent running around in the keys, but by the third day I was just dying to stay at the resort and relax! My husband and I spent the next several days just hanging out at the pool and catching some rays while consuming pool bar beverages, enjoying delicious blue cheese bacon chips from Shula Burger (the restaurant right one sight), and at night visiting the bars on sight (which rum-runners became our favorite place). There is so much to do on sight such as Jet Ski rentals (which we did and it was fun), boat rentals, a water jet rental that throws you up in the air, and so much more to keep you busy during the day. Also, we found it to be a perfect location to step off the resort and get things you need. The management staff that we met was very kind and helpful, the bartenders were alot of fun and friendly, and even the cleaning staff was great as every morning/afternoon when we'd walk by them they would great us and strike up a conversation. As far as what I think could improve there (even though it by no means ruined my trip) were that I think they should do something to give the resort stayers benefits over the people just visiting. An idea would be to have some beverage service at the pool and on the private beach area; I know the one thing that really was a pain was getting up everytime I finished my beverage and walking to the bar to get a new one, then having to walk back to my beach chair. When I'm on vacation and actually relaxing (which I rarely EVER do), I definitely just want to be completely lazy. If you offered drink service to JUST resort members on the beach and at the pool, I think it could go a long way. Also, the other suggestion I have is that you should have a binder or book like other hotels about just local places in Islamorada as to where to get things such as Pizza (as people staying a long time might not want Shula Burger and Pizza is a popular and easy vacation food), where to shop locally, and where to go for any vacation essentials that people forgot. Not knowing the area, these were things I wanted to know, that luckily your friendly staff at the front desk helped me with! This place was amazing, and the view truly was that of a postcard and beautiful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ben B, Manager at Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina at Holiday Isle, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're very happy to see you enjoyed your visit and took advantage of the resort ammenities. We loved your suggestions and have shared them with the team. We hope to see you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (423)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Perfect little hidden gem. The pool was great and the bartender was a hoot! Oh and of course the Tiki Bar has the BEST Rumrunner drinks! The property has everything you will ever need so there is no need to go anywhere else. I can't wait to go back!!

Room Tip: Ocean front, first level rooms are the best!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for your comments. We hope to see you again soon.
Murphysboro, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Place was great, very peaceful and relaxing. Very frindly staff and clean rooms. Food and beverage was available in many locations at the waters edge or in fine dining room at Shula burger. Spent 3 days relaxing and enjoying the peace and quiet watching the calm blue waters. Evening attractions can be found right on the grounds with a choice of places to have the drink of your choice and watch the last rays of the sun disappear from the evening sky. A very nice place to stay if peace and quiet is what you are looking for.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write about the resort. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.
ND
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Had some friends rave about this hotel. They stay here quite often. No one answered the phone take the reservation. Went down to ask questions, the gal had to go ask someone else where a restaurant was 1/8 miles away. checked into room 148. Bathroom is old. I can say this is a 2 star hotel at the best. I wish we would have never checked out of the Hawks Cay resort. It was cheaper and 5+. This place is not worth 200.00 a night.

Room Tip: Dont stay here just stop to visit. They have a nice beach, but nothing compared to the value at Hawk...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Ben B, Manager at Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina at Holiday Isle, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We're sorry we did not meet your expectations or live up to the great comments from your friends. We value your opinion and will work hard to improve in the areas you've mentioned.
Syracuse, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

My newley wed wife and I recently stayed here, and it was the nicest vacation we have ever been on. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and every time we left our room and saw a member of the staff, we were greeted with a smile and asked how we were. I cannot boast enough about how fantastic the people here were.

The room was newly renovated, and it was a corner room in the 100 building, so we had a beautiful view of the ocean. Let me tell you, waking up to seeing 2 palm trees and the ocean off of your balcony was just the best way to start our days. The bed was extremely comfortable, and the fact that there was DirectTV in every room was amazing! We were told that our bathroom had not been upgraded as of yet, but you really wouldn't have been able to tell, as it was spotless, the shower was great, and the fact that there were double sinks in there made it seem extremely spacious and gave it a real luxurious feel.

The property itself had so much to do on a daily basis! There are 5 bars on the property which as just awesome. One of those bars was actually right at the pool, so we were able to enjoy a lazy day by the pool, and get a couple of rum runners to keep us cool. All of the bars were tropical themed and had extremely friendly and knowledgeable bartenders that were fantastic to talk to during the day when it was slow. We actually ordered a Mojito with our first drink order, and it was probably the best one I have ever had! On the weekend, even in the slow season, this place picked up and had a spectacular buzz of people talking, and having a great time! We were able to take out a couple of jet skis from the rental facility that was right on the beach of the resort and it was so much fun. We did the hour and a half guided tour and we ended up going out into the Gulf and back around into the Atlantic. My wife had never been on a jet ski before, and she was given the proper training and wasn't really brought out until she felt comfortable with the controls.

I would absolutely recommend this location to anyone and everyone who is traveling to the Keys! The staff, (especially the night staff as we spent a lot of time out in the evening) the property, the amenities, just the resort as a whole was just amazing, and I couldn't think of a better way to spend our honeymoon!

Room Tip: Try to get a corner room in any of the buildings, the view is spectacular! You will get a panoramic...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to write a review. Congratulations to you and your wife. We're very pleased you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I stayed there for 3 nights, I didnt have any problems at all, the room was very clean and big enough, the staff was very friendly and helpful, the pool is nice and clean!!! Looking forward to come back

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments. We hope to see you again soon.
Cape Coral, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Great place to relax or party. On premise water sports rentals and very cool Tiki Bar with DJ. Great ocean view room. Very clean and spacious. We stayed in room 239 which was a corner ocean view with great panoramic views. Doesn't get much better! Staff was very friendly and helpful. We will be back!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. Please come back and visit soon.

Been to Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina at Holiday Isle? Share your experiences!