“Wonderful trip” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 116 Activities in Islamorada
Type: Tours, Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Islamorada, Florida Keys Boating and Fishing Charter Service. Offering Inshore and Backcountry fishing charters from Flats to Wreck and Reef fishing as well as fun, Rod Bending fishing trips. We also offer sight seeing, sunset trips and eco-tours, snorkeling trips and family fun fishing as well. We have two 24ft. boats along with a professional crew. Families are always welcome. Customer service is number 1
Winneconne, Wisconsin
“Wonderful trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

What a great experience fishing with Capt Tony in the Everglades. We caught a wide assortment of fish including sea trout, snapper. We went for the 1/2 day charter and I couldn't have been more pleased with Tony's knowledge and hospitality!

Visited March 2014

“Gotta Love a Trip with Capt. Matt”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Our family went out for a full day of fishing with Capt. Matt of Bamboo Charters yesterday. He put us on the fish right away so we were able to bring home a full dinner. Then the fun really started... We helped out a boat in distress and then went on to catch sharks the rest of the afternoon. This was our fourth trip out with Bamboo Charters and it won't be our last as every time has been a great experience, no matter which captain we have gotten. I highly recommend Bamboo Charters, try to book early and remember...GO FISH.

Clawson, Michigan
“Awesome experience (and the fishing was fun too)!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Two days prior my husband and I went deep sea fishing (another company). I left disappointed as we caught two fish, but I did not reel any in. After that we decided to go back country fishing and found a brochure for bamboo charters. We set up a trip for that Friday. From talking to our resort, they made back country fishing sound boring, but we found out that was not the case very quickly. Captain Tony took us to amazing fishing spots. We caught snapper, trout, jack fish, etc. we next went to a spot where we caught two massive sharks ( 4 1/2 foot bull shark and a 6 ft nurse shark). It was such an adventure! He also took us to spots where we saw bottle nose dolphins, manatees, and sea turtles. It was such a wonderful trip. My husband and I cannot stop talking about it and bragging to our friends about our sharks :). We are already talking about when we can return . There are so many charter companies in that area, but we will def stick to bamboo charters!

Visited February 2014
maryland
“great day on the water”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I sent an email to a couple of charter outfits late last Friday night the 24th - Matt responded at 4:30am the next day...the others were days later - one response was even after my trip with Bamboo on Monday the 27th. Needless to say, I booked with Bamboo for a 6-hour trip. Capt. Tony took us out - explained our options, the pros and cons of each and let us choose the type of fishing we wanted.

He was patient with my 7 year old son who has fished before but this was one of his first times casting spinning gear - he had it figured out quickly and caught lots of fish - mostly spanish mackeral with some blue runners, small snapper, trout etc. mixed in.

We found a big permit up on the surface and stalked him for a while but couldn't get him hooked up, and the shark fishing didn't pan out as we had hoped but this was a good solid trip - and you can shop around but this is one of the best values around. The 6 hour trip is a great option if you are looking for some variety of types of fishing - kind of like two trips in one.

Clean boat, decent tackle and a friendly guide pretty much sums it up. Complimentary water and sodas is nice....less I have to haul with us. The only suggestion I would make is to condsider adding a t-top to the boat to provide a little shade - we had great weather (January) but I imagine some shade might be needed in the summer months.

We will go with them again when we return to the keys

Visited January 2014
Little Falls, Minnesota
“Dreams come true”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Capt. Matt joined our vacation for two hours and my family will remember him for the rest of our lives. My son loves fishing and he and his three sisters caught so many fish, we couldn't even count them all. We enjoyed a most fabulous fish dinner that evening! We were thrilled to expose the kids to some fun ocean fishing that didn't break the budget. Captain Matt was very knowledgable, patient and great fun!
Seeing the amazing smiles on our children was priceless.
Thanks Capt. Matt for the grand experience!!

Visited February 2014