“Best kayaking you can find.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Houston
“Best kayaking you can find.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I have been visiting the Kayak Shack for years, and it's always a great time. Exploring the mangroves, seeing sharks and stings in the crystal clear water of Keys will never get old. The customer service is always great there at the Shack. They're the friendliest and most helpful staff around.

Visited October 2013

Rockwall, Texas
24 attraction reviews
“Amazing Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was an experience of a lifetime. Kayaking through the mangroves was really cool. We saw a little crocodile, a shark, stingray, jellyfish and a bunch of tropical fish. I really wanted to see a manatee, but we weren't able to find one. I highly recommend this place. Tyler & Paul were very friendly and helpful. I understand that there can be a lot of bugs, but we didn't experience that. The price was reasonable- $60/2 person kayak for half day. They will give you a cooler & there is a shop you can pick up drinks & ice.

Visited August 2013
Euclid, Ohio
“Great Time at the Kayak Shack”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

My wife, 4 kids and I had a great experience with the Kayak Shack. Staff was patient, helpful, and very accommodating to us. My wife and daughter kayaked while the rest paddleboarded. The equipment was first class - the scenery and area we explored were just unbelievable. There are narrow channels, lagoons, and the ocean all to enjoy. My only regret is not bringing a camera along. I would do it again especially since there were areas we did not get to. The Kayak Shack is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

Visited August 2013
Tallahassee, Florida
10 attraction reviews
“Awesome Kayaking Excursion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We rented a tandem kayak from the Kayak Shack and paddled over to Indian Key. Hands down, the most fun we had on our trip to the Keys! We'd never kayaked before and the guys were great about setting us up and giving us directions to the kayak landing on Indian Key. They were very willing to set up a sit-on-top kayak for us even after they'd prepped a sit-in kayak.

The water isn't more than a few feet deep once you get started toward Indian Key. We paddled over to the island close to high tide, and it was a little work but we got there within 30-35 minutes. The trip back was much easier, not having to fight the current.

The snorkeling at Indian Key was quite good, too. Saw some smaller tropical fish and a small nurse shark. Another couple showed up while we were there, but for the most part it felt like we had the island to ourselves. You can see US 1 off in the distance but the sound of the traffic doesn't carry to the island. The "beach" where you get in the water is little more than a bench and an opening in the mangroves. The island was swarmed with white butterflies the day we were there, too.

Cannot recommend this trip highly enough for outdoors/nature-types and people looking to get away from it all. When I think of the Keys, this is the place I'll be thinking of from now on.

Visited July 2013
Ocean Springs
“Great day in Islamorada”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

My family (two teenage boys and wife) thoroughly enjoyed our outing at the Kayak Shack. The mangrove tunnels were unlike anything we've ever experienced. The owners (John) were very pleasant and customer-oriented -- clearly focused on ensuring a great time. I recommend this experience while in Islamorada -- great way to spend half a day. Plan so you can eat at Robbie's either before or after your outing -- fish tacos are outstanding!

Visited July 2013