“mini paradise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Chesapeake Beach Resort

You added Chesapeake Beach Resort to your Saves list
Chesapeake Beach Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   83409 Overseas Highway, P.O. Box 909, Islamorada, FL 33036   |
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Connecticut
“mini paradise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

a good way to describe this place is like a " beach compound." its snuggled nicely within its property boundaries and even though your near the road and the neighbors on the sides, you wouldn't know it. pretty large beach area with large tiki hut where you can use the kayaks and paddleboats, also a small marina where you can stroll and watch the boats and talk to the captains and see the catch of the day. beautiful view of the sunrise and plenty of lounge chairs to sit by the water and relax or enjoy a cold beverage. also a nice pool, hot tub and respectable breakfast spread in the morning. eggs, bacon, toast, muffins, coffee, juice, fresh fruit and friendly staff. rooms were clean and room service comes from the restaurant next door called "wahoo's" and was fast and although not cheap, was very good food. no complaints!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank beachbum393

Columbia City, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My wife and recently stayed at the Chesapeake Beach Resort on Islamorada for 3 days following a business conference in Miami. It's an older, smaller hotel with a bit of wear and tear, but overall a great value. The rooms were clean, breakfast was good, and the staff very friendly and helpful. The beds in our room were a bit on the hard side, but I slept well. The setting on the Atlantic side was beautiful, uncrowded, quiet and relaxing. I spent the better part of one afternoon reading and snoozing in a hammock about 30 feet from the shore. Just what we needed after being in Miami for several days. Plenty of good, close restaurants, including several with beautiful sunset views. Key West was approx. 1.5 - 2 hour drive away. We would definately go back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I am from Toronto, Canada and here at the Chesapeake Beach Resort for two weeks “working”. My room is overlooking the lagoon, there are hammocks between the palm trees, and the views are spectacular. I come every year to recharge my batteries. I love to swim in the lagoon; I have seen manatees and dolphins. I spend many leisurely hours on the point taking pictures, enjoying the sunrise and getting inspiration for my writings. The room is clean; the staff is so friendly and helpful. This is a wonderful place. A # 10 for me. it is a piece of Paradise.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank birgittemelnick
Andover, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I can't think of anything but excellent to say about this resort! The staff was friendly, rooms wer'e spotless and very comfortable. My husband and I make a trip to the keys several times a year for the last eight years wev'e stayed at alot of places. This is now are favorite place to stay! Book a room here and you won't regret it !!!! FANTASTIC.

Room Tip: We had a suite it was waterfront view excellent.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Suzette W
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at this sleepy resort with beautiful ocean view. The rooms are slightly outdated, but very clean. The pools were nice, one with view of the ocean since in the Keys no places have very nice beaches. Enjoyed using the kayaks that were included in the resort fee. I'm not sure what some people expect reading some of these other reviews, but we very much enjoyed our stay. Walkable to restaurants and short car ride to charter fishing and snorkeling fun.

Most importantly, we left our iPad in the safe and the staff made sure it was returned to us!!!

Will stay here again..
Will definately come back again. Go for the ocean view rooms.

Room Tip: Choose ocean view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
Palm City, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed in the two bedroom villa with kitchen. There was mold in cabinets and rat poop under the sink. I had three young kids and they didn't even have a bath tub. The kitchen had only four plates and we were a family of five. The place when we walked in smelled like mildew. The only thing good about the place was the view. My son got so sick the last night we were there we had to bring him to the emergency room. We still are not sure why he got sick. We complained about the mold and told them where it was they said they would clean it and never did. I would never go back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Rebecca C
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Just canceled a reservation I made over 9 months ago. They have held my 1 nights deposit [~$200] for that time and now are popping me $25 cancellation fee even though the confirmation says it is 30 days before arrival. I even have a replacement guest waiting to take this room. BEWARE their hidden charges!

Stayed September 2012
5 Thank dhastie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Islamorada
Amara Cay Resort
Pelican Cove
#8 of 19 in Islamorada
4.0 of 5 stars 314 reviews
Islander Resort, a Guy Harvey Outpost

Been to Chesapeake Beach Resort? Share your experiences!