“Home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Ranch   |   87770 Overseas Highway, Islamorada, FL 33036   |
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Recently had my wedding at Lookout Lodge Resort and it was amazing. More than my new wife and I could have ever expected. The accomidation were great. Rooms were so comfortable it felt as if my home was relocated in paradise. The exceptional staff, Laurie, Don, Greg, and Hector made the biggest impression. Hard working, friendly and all around great folks, they went above and beyond to make sure that we had a good time, and all our needs were meet. My wife and I have stayed all over the Keys and send as much time there as we can, and because of our wedding experience, Lookout Lodge Resort will be added to our places to stay. All ready making plans to return to them for our anniversary. Thanks again to Lookout and their staff for a great time.

Room Tip: If you have a larger group and going to stay a while, choose their apartment over the office. For t...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

We were traveling as a couple with two single friends and the two-bedroom suite was perfect for the four of us. One room had a queen bed and the other had two double beds. The beds were not new, however they had very nice foam mattress covers that made them very comfy. The kitchen was fully equipped with everything we needed to cook in the room as well as at the convenient grills down by the water. The room was clean and there were several extras, like oil and salt scrub in the shower and soap and sponge in the kitchen for dishes. On top of all this, the location was perfect with beautiful sunsets and great snorkeling right off the beach area. To top the entire stay off, the staff was friendly and helpful! We will stay here again as soon as we get a chance!

Room Tip: If you are going to spend time in your room get one with a water view, if not don't pay the extr...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

Seven of us went to Islamorada for a five day fishing trip. Lookout Lodge was a perfect home base. We had two rooms, each with a full kitchen and living room and two bedrooms. Everyone had their own bed and it cost us each about $60/night. Rooms are clean. There are also gas grills where we cooked our catch. Nice little beach and great sunsets. Plus, Marker 88 restaurant and bar is right next door. Overall, nothing fancy, but exactly what we needed and a great value.

Room Tip: Room 206 gives you a water view.
Torrington, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Spent a few nights with three friends at Lookout Lodge in the past week or so. Not a real fancy place, but friendly, very comfortable and homey (just right). The rooms were very clean and well stocked with everything we needed to cook and prepare picnic lunches. The grounds were fantastic - quiet, private and beautiful sunsets. Coffee in the early morning sitting on the beach was "the best". We enjoyed using the gas grills for evening meals after days of swimming, snorkeling, and buying "fresh" at the fish markets. I would recommend Lookout Lodge to anyone and would definitely return.

Daytona Beach Shores, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

My boyfriend and I really liked the Lookout Lodge. It's a great location in Islamorada and had a nice cozy feel to it. We booked the mini suite and were upgraded to a 2 bedroom. It was very roomy and clean and had a lot of the comforts of home. The grounds were beautiful. I just wish we could have enjoyed a few sunsets but the weather was not agreeing with us that weekend. I would definately go back though. Unless you're Miss Priss and would freak out at the sight of a few ants or something (this is FL on the water) you will love this place. I personally don't need 5 star accommodations. I prefer the smaller, quaint and friendly places like this. Oh and I called the morning of check out and asked if we could check out a little late (we got sooooo sea sick the night before at Robbie's Marina night fishing) and she was so great about it. Thanks again, you have no idea how much we needed a couple more hours before the long drive home!!!

Room Tip: I booked online and got an email a few hours later notifying me I was upgraded. I was grateful for t...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Hammond, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

Just left the Lookout Lodge resort located at Mile marker 88 in Florida keys bayside and let me tell you, I was very impressed. For a smaller hotel resort, this place has got to be the best value for the atomsphere in the area. Booked online based on reviews, and when we got there it lived up to the billing! Great rooms, very well appointed furnishings including the very comfortable bed, private beach area with one awesome sunset view. The owner came out at sunset with comp wine and cheese for us too! We stayed in a waterfront suite on second floor with a big screened porch overlooking the water for 3 nights and spent $200+ a night. Full immenities including small kitchen with full size refrig made it nice during the day to snack, etc. Has a small deep water boat basin that we kept our 21ft boat in, and was nice and protected dockage. Very quiet and private. Located next door is a 5-Star resturant with one awesome "tiki bar" right on waters edge. Outside dining under the stars was fantastic. I read another review posted here on trip advisor from someone calling themself "AG1619", and he/she must of gotten their hotels mixed up when they posted because I've got to tell you, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE LOOKOUT LODGE RESORT in Islamorada if you are staying in this region. This place is quality, quiet, private, and has a great resturant with outside seating/bar right on the water. No pool, but has swimming and snorkeling area right off their private sandy beach. Have been staying here since 2008, and is our #1 choice in area by far.

Room Tip: Try and stay as close to the water as you can. The main building is right off main highway and 1st r...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Punta Gorda, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

I travel extensively, and this is the 2nd-worst hotel in which I've ever stayed. Unfortunately I made my reservation at the Lookout Lodge based on favorable reviews on hotels.com. I don't know how anyone who stayed at this place could rate it favorably.

The property is old and in horrible shape. The room is not just 'dated,' it's ancient and in poor condition. Further, the floors were filthy and there were ant-like bugs in the bathroom. If we had not prepaid we would not have stayed. The beds were old and uncomfortable, the appliances noisy, and the room smelled.

This hotel was outrageously priced given its awful condition. Stay away unless you want to be sorely disappointed.

Room Tip: Stay with a national chain, and check more than one review site.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Lookout Lodge Resort? Share your experiences!