“Ants everywhere!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of White Gate Court

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Islamorada
White Gate Court
76010 Overseas Highway, P.O. Box 1528, Islamorada, FL 33036   |
Pompano Beach, FL
“Ants everywhere!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2005

My wife and I and our dog packed up our car from Pompano Beach and headed to Whitegate Court on Tuesday the 11th. We planned on a 5 day trip. When we arrived and unpacked everything we noticed the villa (#7) had ants running all over the floors, walls, in the kitchen, bathroom, in the shower, in the bedrooms....everywhere! The furniture was dirty and one of the couches was chewed up. They also stunk like urine. The bathroom was dark and smelled like a sewer which stunk the entire unit up. We went over to the office and told Susan and she said that we were overacting; she said everyone has ants and they shouldn't bother you. She told us to wipe everything down with soap and water. I couldn't believe it but did what she said. In less than an hour there were twice as many ants. We could not even make a sandwich because the ants would attack the bread before you could get the lunchmeat on it. They were also crawling into our dogs food dish and into his pet bed. We went to the office again and Susan became rude and said what do you want now? Then she said we had personal problems and we were being too dramatic. She did not even offer to correct the situation or give us another unit. I told her enough was enough and that we were leaving because this was disgusting and unacceptable. She said do what ever you want because I already charged your credit card for the full amount. We left and went back home. I have never been so appauled in my life. We are disputing our charges and we will let everyone know our experience at Whitegate so no one else will have to go through what we did. Try the Sands of Islamorada and ask for Cindy. They take pets and it is spotless. There is no comparison. We would have stayed there but they had no vacancies. She said other people have also complained about Whitegate and were looking for somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed October 2005

57 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2004

No beach! Just an area with sand by the water from which you can try to get to the sea over the rocks (very slippery). I give them credit for the nice dock and good housekeeping staff ... but for what they charged I was expecting more (at least a beach and a real view from the cabin as promised in their own website). Would not go back!

palm beach gardens,florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2004

What a nice, clean property. My husband, lab retriever and I had a great 3 night stay. The property was well maintained (nothing very fancy), the rooms were immaculate. If you are looking for relaxing, peaceful get away...look no further! The dog enjoyed the clean water for many swims, we enjoyed snorkeling right by the dock. We had everything we needed to have a great time. We will definitely return in a few months!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2003

Beautifull rooms Best service in the Keys Onsite ownership small beach and dock quite, peacefull pets allowed. I will be back and highly recamend it.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2003

This is the perfect resort to go to if you desire a quiet, clean, pet friendly accomodation in Islamorada. Perfect location - private yet not too far from Holdiay Isle. The beach was practically at our doorstep.
The employees were wonderful. My pets were welcome and thoroughly enjoyed running on the beautiful grounds and swimmng in the ocean.
Nights relaxing on the porch enjoying the sunset and days spent on the beach, wonderful memories to last a life time. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Been to White Gate Court? Share your experiences!