“Lackluster yet adequate” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Islamorada Resort

Save Saved
You added The Islamorada Resort to your Saves list
The Islamorada Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   80001 Overseas Highway, Islamorada, FL 33036 (Formerly Hampton Inn and Suites Islamorada)   |
Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #7 of 20 hotels in Islamorada
Somerset, Pennsylvania
“Lackluster yet adequate”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

This particular Hampton property is not exciting nor luxurious as I expect of a Hampton yet it is certainly adequate. The rooms do not meet what I consider Hampton standards....they are older and in need of upkeep. Our view was awful....we had a deck if we wanted to sit on it and view the extremely ugly roof of the Outback Restaurant connected to the property. The breakfast area is kind of nice and updated...the grounds are also okay. There is an outside bar with entertainment that could make your stay nicer if that appealed to you. There is a little beach side sandy area that is pretty yet small but it was nice to have some water. The property is clean but I would not get too excited about the overall feel of this hotel. The other reviews led me to believe that this would be an oasis and that was not the case through my perspective but it was nice enough overall. The staff was accommodating. Overall the property is nice with rooms that need updating.

Room Tip: Ask about the view that they intend to give you or you could end up with the view that we had of the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

653 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Central NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

this hotel was perfect for my family's needs. The room was huge, two bedroom, two bath and full kitchen. The deck overlooks the pool and ocean. The pool was heated and wonderful! Breakfast every morning is so convenient. There are many choices for breakfast, anyone can find something to eat. With discounts, we only paid $134 a night. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Front desk....A+
Room, as mentioned. Very clean, not the newest feel but very adequate. Bed was great. We had oceanfront suite, highly recommend this as other rooms look at the parking lot.
Grounds were relaxing and well kept, you will not be disappointed. Pool nice as was the secluded hot tub. In case you are blind and have missed this detail.....there is no beach!!!!!
Tiki bar and Outback are a great addition. Bartenders at he tiki bar were fun. Will come back.
Jessica the on duty mgr was awesome!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Hotel is old and dated.
The beds are average at best.
There is an OUTBACK Restaraunt in the Hotel, but that is no great attraction for me.
The Beach has a sea wall and ladder to enter the water :-(
Breakfast is included, but no great shakes.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the pool are quieter
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Gulf Breeze
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Tonyia and staff made our daughter's wedding perfect and stress-free. As mother-of-the-bride, I recommend to other mother's, call Tonyia!!!! The decorations and reception were exactly what we wanted. The staff were exceptionally courteous and helpful. The setting at the Hampton was beautiful. All of our family and friends thoroughly enjoyed themselves. The food from the "Outback" was delicious. It was nice having the bar and restaurant on-site. Thank you Tonyia for making 10/13/12 Perfect!!!!

Room Tip: The rooms are spacious. We love 1st floor on the poolside. You can walk right out to the pool from y...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Effingham, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

From the moment we walked into the hotel, we were treated extremely well, and we noticed that others were treated well, too. The hotel was easily located on the main road (US1) through the keys. With an Outback Steakhouse attached, finding it was no problem. We walked into the front entrance and were immediately greeted by the front desk attendant who was cheerful, smiling and one of those people who just seemed to love her job. Each day, they choose one guest and give them a free upgrade to a suite. We were surprised to find that one of the girls in our party of 3 happened to have her name on the front board as receiving the upgrade. It just made our day and gave us a great start to our trip! The front desk clerks gave us great tips for activities and restaurants, and they never ceased to ask us if we needed anything. Free breakfast was good each day, plus we could have cooked in our room with our full kitchenette. The location on the hotel on the water made for some beautiful sunsets from the hammocks near the pool and tiki bar. We really enjoyed our stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites Islamorada.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

It’s 1:50 AM and I’m writing this review from the comfort of a very nice Holiday Inn hotel 30 miles away from where I actually intended to stay, The Hilton-Hotels’ Hampton Inn in Islamorada. I wanted to stay at the Hampton because I planned on diving with a nearby dive shop.

After a very long day, I showed up at the hotel shortly before midnight, and the woman at the front desk was so intent on up-selling me a suite that even when I got a confirmed reservation online afterwards for the lesser priced room, she found a way to not accommodate me and rather see me turned me away a very irate customer! Thanks lady…. You single handedly turned me off all Hilton branded hotels! So much for the Hilton Promise to – “ensure every Guest feels cared for, valued and respected”.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
milemarker80, Manager at The Islamorada Resort, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
I appreciate the review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service; this is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. I can assure you, I have addressed these issues with our staff. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss this further and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Tonyia Rounds
Assistant General Manager
305-664-0073

Been to The Islamorada Resort? Share your experiences!