“Comfortable place to stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Islamorada Resort

You added The Islamorada Resort to your Saves list
The Islamorada Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   80001 Overseas Highway, Islamorada, FL 33036 (Formerly Hampton Inn and Suites Islamorada)   |
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Islamorada
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
“Comfortable place to stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Hotel is old and dated.
The beds are average at best.
There is an OUTBACK Restaraunt in the Hotel, but that is no great attraction for me.
The Beach has a sea wall and ladder to enter the water :-(
Breakfast is included, but no great shakes.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the pool are quieter
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Gulf Breeze
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Tonyia and staff made our daughter's wedding perfect and stress-free. As mother-of-the-bride, I recommend to other mother's, call Tonyia!!!! The decorations and reception were exactly what we wanted. The staff were exceptionally courteous and helpful. The setting at the Hampton was beautiful. All of our family and friends thoroughly enjoyed themselves. The food from the "Outback" was delicious. It was nice having the bar and restaurant on-site. Thank you Tonyia for making 10/13/12 Perfect!!!!

Room Tip: The rooms are spacious. We love 1st floor on the poolside. You can walk right out to the pool from y...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Effingham, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

From the moment we walked into the hotel, we were treated extremely well, and we noticed that others were treated well, too. The hotel was easily located on the main road (US1) through the keys. With an Outback Steakhouse attached, finding it was no problem. We walked into the front entrance and were immediately greeted by the front desk attendant who was cheerful, smiling and one of those people who just seemed to love her job. Each day, they choose one guest and give them a free upgrade to a suite. We were surprised to find that one of the girls in our party of 3 happened to have her name on the front board as receiving the upgrade. It just made our day and gave us a great start to our trip! The front desk clerks gave us great tips for activities and restaurants, and they never ceased to ask us if we needed anything. Free breakfast was good each day, plus we could have cooked in our room with our full kitchenette. The location on the hotel on the water made for some beautiful sunsets from the hammocks near the pool and tiki bar. We really enjoyed our stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites Islamorada.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

It’s 1:50 AM and I’m writing this review from the comfort of a very nice Holiday Inn hotel 30 miles away from where I actually intended to stay, The Hilton-Hotels’ Hampton Inn in Islamorada. I wanted to stay at the Hampton because I planned on diving with a nearby dive shop.

After a very long day, I showed up at the hotel shortly before midnight, and the woman at the front desk was so intent on up-selling me a suite that even when I got a confirmed reservation online afterwards for the lesser priced room, she found a way to not accommodate me and rather see me turned me away a very irate customer! Thanks lady…. You single handedly turned me off all Hilton branded hotels! So much for the Hilton Promise to – “ensure every Guest feels cared for, valued and respected”.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
milemarker80, Manager at The Islamorada Resort, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
I appreciate the review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service; this is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. I can assure you, I have addressed these issues with our staff. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss this further and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Tonyia Rounds
Assistant General Manager
305-664-0073
boston, ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We arrived at the hotel a bit early to check in so the front desk staff took my cell number and said they'd call when the room was ready. That was a first for me! If it's not standard practice it should be. We waited out by the water in the lounge chairs and enjoyed the view and the sun, they have hammocks which I was dying to use but it was too windy. A few iguanas came by to say hello which was entertaining.
Within an hour they called about the room and when we got up there at first I thought something was missing because we walked into a huge room with a kitchen and large living room and I was wondering where the bedroom was...well it was in a whole other room. Duh. It was a suite but I didn't realize it at first. We had a room right on the water so it was a great view and it was awesome seeing the sunrise from the room. The bed was really comfortable and we slept great. The bathroom is at the opposite end of the suite from the bedroom which is good for privacy but a long walk in the middle of the night.
Breakfast looked good for a free breakfast but we didn't indulge (too crowded). But they had a good offering with a waffle station, bagels, cereal, fruit and more.
The location is great, we were on all the Keys but really liked this island the best. It's quiet and beautiful. We'll definitely come back to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Harrisonburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We only stayed one night but the folks there couldn't have been friendlier. This is a beautiful hotel, very clean with a wonderful tiki bar out back and an Outback out front ! The pool was immaculate and the hot tub was too !! Thanks for making us feel welcome...great place to stop on the way to Key West !!

Room Tip: ocean-front is well worth the little extra cost !!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Pompano Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed at lots of Hamptons. This is the best ever, a 'one off'. Much better than Hilton Key Largo just down the road and much more expensive. Special location. Great views. Happy, helpful staff. The steak restaurant / bar on the same site is owned and run by a different company but offers great value for money and good service. There is a liquor store ( Sid and Roxy's) about 2 miles back, on the same side of the road, towards Largo, so you can avoid hotel drink prices. Enjoy, we did!

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Islamorada Resort? Share your experiences!