“the privilege of peace and privacy” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Motel   |   123 Beach Rd, Islamorada, FL 33036   |
Special Offer
30% off Select Cottages
Ranked #2 of 19 hotels in Islamorada
“the privilege of peace and privacy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

A few years ago, we discovered this place by accident while vacationing in the keys. When we needed family accommodations early this summer, this was our first call. This is not a place for the budget conscious. This large, ocean-side property is a collection of fully furnished houses and cottages meant for groups or families. Reserve as far in advance as you can, as it can be fully booked a year in advance.
We found every part of our stay superb--and we are very particular. Our cottage was not on the water (they were booked) but the water was steps away. We had a full kitchen, casual but elegantly furnished living/dining area, lav downstairs and 2 BR upstairs and large bath upstairs. It was just like home, if you have a large staff, that is.
The concierge will make a range of spa services available to you, even including a private massage on the beach. Household services are a la carte (maid service, for example, is extra but a very small extra; borrow a fishing pole for nothing). Pool is quite large (watch for raccoons). Most visitors to Islamorada go for its world-class bone fishing, tarpon fishing and deep sea fishing -- but if you seek a very quiet, very private, beachy-elegant stay off the beaten path, and are fortunate enough not to have to focus on cost, try to book a stay here. You won't regret it.

Room Tip: This is a not a hotel, it is a collection of cottages. Book as far in advance as you can. If you dri...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Natasha E, Guest Relations Manager at The Moorings Village and Spa, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for your review! We are pleased you enjoyed the peace and privacy found at The Moorings. We now offer complimentary daily housekeeping. This service is by request only to ensure ultimate privacy for our guests who wish to not be disturbed. You simply establish a time for housekeeping with a member of the office staff. We look forward to having you back at The Moorings!

126 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed at The Moorings from the 16th Sept till 20th, we had only planned on staying till the 19th but was so calm and relaxing stayed an additional night. Beautiful grounds, pool 4ft-6ft deep very nice we had to ourselves, oceans in Keys are more natural so you have to go out a little to enjoy but this is expected in the Keys however I seen several Sting Rays and many fish from the boards and kayaks which are free to guests. Reviews are built on results versus expectations and i read alot of reviews and my expectation was for a quiet, relaxing vacation where we would have ocean frontage with a beautiful location and professional employees and I can say the employees here are what make this place wonderful, they really work to make everything perfect and are engagiing and concerned about your desires. As long as they continue to value their employees and guests they will continue to be a desired vacation destination. Just wanted to also mention my thanks to James and Kelly, you two are fantastic, thanks for your attention and wonderful service.

Room Tip: Farside is great room, one king bed and two twins in second bedroom with full kitchen and great amou...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Natasha E, Guest Relations Manager at The Moorings Village and Spa, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review on TripAdvisor. We are delighted you enjoyed The Moorings and the Farside Cottage. Kelly and James are the best and committed to making your stay with us memorable. We really appreciate all of your kind words! Come back and see us again soon!
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Spent 5 days at the moorings in mid September. It was off season so there wasn't a soul around. Their beautiful big(biggest one on islamorada) beach has shady palms, hammocks and chairs that won't let you leave! The big pool is a perfect alternative when you get too hot at the beach. We stayed in lodge north, our parents in lodge south, which are two separate areas but share a porch. Perfect for couples traveling together but that would also like privacy. The grounds are lush and perfectly maintained and the staff attentive to every need should you ask. We were given bikes and even a charcoal grill upon request. Each side of our shared cottage had a very usable kitchen, full size fridge and freezer, awesome beds, living room area with tv. Lodge north had bigger living area and kitchen and lodge south bigger bedroom and king size bed. Although both were perfect! I would highly recommend moorings to anyone coming down to the keys!!!

• Stayed September 2013
We are thrilled you enjoyed Lodge South and Lodge North at The Moorings! As you mentioned, the lodges are a nice option for 2 couples to have privacy but be in close proximity to one another. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!
RI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

My boyfriend and I chose this very special place for my 40th birthday getaway...I'm so glad we did! We had booked a regular room but upon arrival we were upgraded to a one bedroom cottage on the beach (Maroni) due to a last minute cancellation. Natasha knew it was my 40th and wanted it to be special. She even left a bottle of wine, flower and note in the fridge for me! She also helped my boyfriend with all his surprises for me, and there were a few. The joke was if he had requested a purple tiger in the house at midnight, Natasha would get it there! The house, view, massage on the beach, paddleboards, hammocks, service and serenity were all amazing. I'm not a fan of big resorts with huge crowds. The Moorings is exactly the opposite and that's what I loved about it. Beautiful, quiet property. Can't wait to return...hopefully before my 50th!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Natasha E, Guest Relations Manager at The Moorings Village and Spa, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
You are so kind! We really appreciate your review on TripAdvisor. Everyone at The Moorings aims to provide first-class service to all of our guests. We are so glad you had a wonderful birthday weekend and enjoyed the beauty and relaxation found at The Moorings. We hope to see you again soon!
Newport, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

The Moorings Village and Spa is amazing! My girlfriend viewed the Moorings on the travel channel a few years ago and always wanted to go....So we figured what better time then her birthday. This was one of the most romantic and relaxing vacations ever. We stayed at the Meroni cottage and it was more then we could have dreamed. The staff is amazing......Natasha was instrumental in making my girlfriends birthday a huge success. I had a lot of request and she handled them like a real pro. I can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Natasha E, Guest Relations Manager at The Moorings Village and Spa, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for the review! We enjoyed having you and your girlfriend here at The Moorings for her birthday celebration. It was my pleasure assisting you in making her day special! I am so glad you both had a romantic and relaxing time together. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Auburn Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed in the Honeymoon cottage 8/29 to 9/3. Cottage had ocean view and close to pier and little covered sting area I used to get out of the sun. We used kayaks, pad leeboards and bikes. It was if we had the entire place to ourselves. Coffee machine and nespresso machine. No on site food or drinks, which I think is a good thing. Even my wife who likes more a action took advantage of the spa and yoga. We did stay in Farside our last night because of a mistake I made on our flights. The staff made it easy to move out and into new cottage. All in all I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Islamorada.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience. We are thrilled you had a wonderful time here! Your positive remarks are really appreciated. We enjoyed meeting you and your wife and look forward to seeing you again here very soon. Thanks again for the nice review!
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The Moorings Village is like your very own beach front residence. No busy commercial resort type attraction/distractions. Just sand, and shady palm tress on the beach. And the best part is because it has relatively few accommodations, you rarely see anyone else there. I spent an entire weekend there and saw exactly 5 people on the beach; and 3 of those were from a distance. I also visited the spa for a massage which was fantastic. I stayed in one of the small cottages and it was perfect. The Moorings is a short walk away from plenty of excellent food options so you don't even have to drive anywhere during your stay. I absolutely LOVE this place. I only wish it were more affordable. It's priced for the wealthy which has it's pros for maintaining the charm and keeping it small, but it means I can only visit on special occasions.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Natasha E, Guest Relations Manager at The Moorings Village and Spa, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for the review on TripAdvisor! We are thrilled you enjoyed your weekend at The Moorings! We were fully booked this weekend, and you're right, it is nice to still feel like you have the beach to yourself! Come see us again soon!

Been to The Moorings Village and Spa? Share your experiences!