We stayed here 2 nights to finish a 10 day trip around Florida. Our cottage was well equipped, clean, though the bed was a little uncomfortable (I'm writing this with neck ache) but this could be just me.
The beach is a stone's throw away and we would often have the stretch to ourselves. There are hammocks and loungers in abundance. The grounds are kept in stunning order. We had a friendly cat sit on our porch everyday.
The kitchen is well equipped as the place is self catering. There are v good restaurants nearby including an excellent sushi/grill restaurant round the corner with an extensive sake menu.
You can use bikes and kayaks provided.
There's a large pool and also a gym , both in good order.
Don't expect clear blue water though. It gets a little sludgy on the water's edge. The view , however, is beautiful.
Couldn't fault this place. It's really for getting away and having some quiet time and not being disturbed by hotel staff and the crowds, but you obviously pay for this luxury.
A great way to wind down our holiday. Would definitely recommend 100%!!!
- Also Known As:
- The Moorings Village Hotel Islamorada
- The Moorings Village Hotel
- Moorings Islamorada
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Once a coconut plantation, The Moorings Village Resort offers one, two and three bedroom villas, cottages and plantation houses with wraparound verandas, colorful Bahamian-style shutters and cypress interiors, each uniquely decorated. Hidden in delightful seclusion under coconut palms are the resort’s magnificent natural white sand beach, heated pool, tennis court and Island Body and Sol Spa, which offers beachfront massage treatments. The Moorings Village offers guests absolute privacy and tranquility with all the comforts of home, including well-equipped kitchens and laundry in most houses, individual dining rooms and living room areas, air conditioning and ceiling fans. Luxury amenities include large screen televisions, elegant hand-painted tiles, oversized soaking tubs and shower stalls, as well as plantation-style porches overlooking the ocean or views of the lushly landscaped grounds. Guests may enjoy dining at the resort's two Zagat-rated restaurants, Pierre's Restaurant and Morada Bay Beach Cafe, located just across the road. The restaurants share a private beach and are the site of the monthly Full Moon Party. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelClick, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Agoda so you can book your The Moorings Village and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.