“Simply the Best!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 82 Restaurants in Islamorada
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary, Wine Bar
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert, Private Dining
Allentown, PA
“Simply the Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2010

This is the best place to go in Islamorada. We wish this place were near our house; we'd be regulars. It has a very lively atmosphere, an amazing wine list, and very good food. You definitely need to make a reservation. From the outside this place looks like an old, large-scale dive bar. It is not. It is very nicely decorated with old-world hardwood throughout the inside. Service is very quick. We asked our waiter to slow things down a bit, and she totally did so. I don't think they move things so quickly to flip tables as much as they want to provide great service. We had several glasses of wine, soups, dinners, and desserts. I really can't say enough about this place. Great atmosphere, great food, great service, this is our #1 place in Islamorada. You can read my review on the Hungry Tarpon. This place deserves to be number 1 by a mile!!

Egg Harbor Twp, NJ
“A must stop in the Keys!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2010

While service may be slow during busy times, it is worth the wait. We had breakfast here twice. Cuban french toast with coconut is delicious! Also try their applewood smoked bacon! Panni breakfast sandwich also very tasty! Fruit is fresh! Place is very nicely decorated as well!

Florida
“My favorite in the Keys”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

Went there as a child back in the 50's. Was my father's favorite. Now it's mine! Went there recently as a large family gathering, so got to taste many menu items. I am sure my favorite was the pan seared scallops (HUGE) served over a bed of garlic potatoes. It was simply wonderful. The bar drinks are made generous and delicious. Atmosphere is bistro noisy, but I love all the old photos. I am soooo glad they've rebuilt after the hurricane! They say that pirates buried their treasure on the Florida Keys. Well, The Green Turtle Inn is our modern day treasure on the Keys!

Brecksville,Oh
“Great lunch stop to/from Key West”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2010

We had a great lunch on our way back from Key West. Super food, good service, not your average lunch spot. Spicy conch chowder, excellent 3 salad plate, and good sandwiches.

austin,texas
“Best restaurant to work and eat in south Florida”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2010

Besides the food being excellent,I worked there back in the late 70's.A lady named Louise was the hostess,and I worked with her and her daughter,Pam.There was a lady that made rum pies and key lime pies in the back room.We used to serve turtle burgers and turtle steaks. Great atmosphere and glad to see they are still open!!!!