“My annual visit to the Keys” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Key West

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Key West
Directions
Key West, FL
New Jersey
“My annual visit to the Keys”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

Having been to the Keys now over a dozen times in the last ten years I can truly say that I am still addicted to the vast area the Keys have to offer. My favorite Key is Key West just because there is so much to do in such a relatively small area. I enjoy not having to drive and being able to bike, taxi or jitney for those times I'm too "happy" to walk is a bonus. If you are renting/driving a car you must visit Bahia Honda State Park. It's about a 45 minute drive north. A top ten beach in the USA. Key West beaches are not the greatest in the state of Florida ... too much coral. Although Fort Zachary Taylor State Park beach is beautiful. A little difficult to find because you have to go through Truman Annex and I don't think people think there is a beach there. The restaurants are as diverse as a slice of pizza or a meal consisting of tapas. Santiago's Bodega is a favorite. Of course all the seafood is fresh and there is Italian, steaks, etc, I enjoy eating outside and there seems to be a place on every corner but the special treats seem to be located off the main street of Duval. Blue Heaven is a must. There are plenty of local joints which have character and the tourist spots that are bursting at the seams with crazies from everywhere. I enjoy the local spots and especially Schooner Wharf Bar in the seaport section (also the Green Parrot for blues music lovers). There are plenty of other bars/restaurants on the way over there as well as beyond that are also worth visiting with boat trips, turtle races and all that "water stuff". You must see the sunset celebration at Mallory Square at least once for it's a party all onto itself. There is all the usual water events but my favorite is a sunset cruise with music and drinks on a boat. My favorite is Commotion on the Ocean because they have live local musicians playing aboard. Also they have food in addition to the drinks. All is included. Others may be a little cheaper but they all see the same view. There is a lot more to write about but visit it yourself if you are a little adventurous.

Brookfield
“Key West Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

We just spent a week in the Keys and visited Key West for 2 days. It was one of the most enjoyable and relaxing vacations we've ever had. The people of Key West were friendly and very hospitable. Besides the typical "tourist" shops there were many historical sites of note. Also not to be missed were some of the clubs and restaurants like Alonzo's, Kelly's - the site of the original Pan Am headquarrters -, El Siboney and Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville. The prices were quite affordable. We can's wait to go back and may as early as next January. Starting this December, AirTran will be offering service directly into Key West which will be very convenient and cost-effective.

Florida
“Key West in October”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

October is the perfect time to vist Key West. The crowds are slim, the attractions are easy to book a place, and no waiting in the resturants.

The weather conditions were great and the water was still very warm. We booked the day trip to Ft Jefferson and received first class service on the Sunny Days Ferry Boat. The captin and crew were professional and provided the type of service you always wish for when going on a special excursion like this. They served breakfast and lunch, provided a guided tour of Ft Jefferson and allowed plenty of time for snorkeling.

Our accomidations at the Key Lime Inn located on Truman St were quiet and clean with a nice continential breakfast. We were within walking distance of all the downtown activities. We only moved our car 2 times in the 5 days that we were there. The lady at the reservations desk was very kind and helpful as we asked questions about where to eat, the Mass schedule at St Mary's Catholic Church, etc. The St Mary Star of the Sea Catholic Church is directly across the street from the Key Lime Inn. Take time to attend and enjoy the Fantastic Childrens' Choir. You will be impressed.

northern michigan
“Key West, Florida has a special place in my heart”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2009

Key West, Florida is a special place for both me and my wife. We were married there at the Wyndahm Reach Resort over the Atlantic Ocean on the pier. The Wedding way in May during low season and it was fabulous. We visit often and we were just there for our 5 year anniversary this year. We love to go back every couple of years. Key West has so much to offer ~ great food, fun bars, watersports, fishing, beaches, relaxation, bed and breakfasts, resorts and whatever else you are looking to do. It is a great place to people watch too! Fun all around.

New York NY
“Key West 09”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

I had a day trip in Key West in summer of 09. I drove almost 4 hours from Miami North beach to Key West for a day trip. The senic of the drive was great, drove thur few islands and the 7 miles bridge, water of the ocean is beautiful. Finally we got to KW and took the snorkeling trip on a cataraman, 30 mins duration to the reef coast. water is crystal clear, lot of fish, coral didn't open that day and saw a nurse shark on the way back to the boat. Snorkeling was great and inexpensive, free drinks included. Back to the town, there ain't much to walk around on Duval street, stop by Sloppy Joe's for a couple. Watch the sunset celebration at Mallory square, it was nice to see the sunset celebration, lot of food stands and stunt show. I have to mention this, key lime pie right accross street from the pier was the best, sorry forgot the name. I suggest to spend one night at KW, because if you drive back the same day, then you miss the beautiful senic and can't do the drinking at Duval st.

Been to Key West? Share your experiences!