“Special Celebration” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
WARRENSBURG
“Special Celebration”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We lived in Key West back during the 60's and I grew to love the wonderful seafood. We stopped in as we celebrated our 50th Anniversary, and had supper at the Rusty Anchor. The Grouper was wonderful and the conch fritters were the best we every ate. When it was time for supper the next night, when I asked my darling wife where she wanted to eat, she said go back. So we did. I had what I call dolphin and it was grilled to perfection. Portion sizes are great, service was good and the prices was outstanding.

• Visited January 2013

Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Freshest Seafood in Key West”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Rusty Anchor is off the beaten path but well worth finding. It is truly where the "locals" go for fresh-caught seafood. No offense to the tourist places in Old Town, but both the quality and price will be better at Rusty Anchor. It's on Stock Island where most of the commercial fishing boats have anchorage. Best conch chowder I've had, lunch baskets are cheap and full to the brim, and the fresh fish in the evenings, cooked to your order, is always superb. Mapquest or call for directions!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Down Hill”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Rusty Anchor used to be good. It's really gone down hill. You probably won't see many vehichles in the parking lot. I love their reef aquarium but not the food or service.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Arkansas
“Must eat here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We ate here twice on our recent visit to Key West. Food and service was excellent. Would definitely visit again if in the area.

• Visited January 2013
Dania Beach, Florida
“A Well Kept Secret! Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I’m not going to lie; I almost decided not to write a review. I don’t want the place to get too crowded next time I go! My wife and I were down in Key West for New Year’s Eve. I decided to try looking off the beaten path for a place to eat on that night figuring everywhere we went would be jammed. I found the Rusty Anchor to be located off the main road, and on Stock Island which is basically an island connected to the East end of Key West as you’re driving into the town.
No crowds, and pretty quiet. I was so happy with my choice and my wife was happy we wouldn’t have to wait for a table. We were seated and ordered some Iced Tea, saving our drinking for the festivities later.
I had the Stone Crab claws and they were some of the best I ever had, AND the cheapest price I have ever pair. With so many restaurants overcharging for this delicacy it was a welcome surprise when I saw the bill. My wife had the blackened mahi-mahi dinner and loved it. I tried it as well and it was terrific!
The service way excellent and as I mentioned, the prices were extremely fair considering the area and tourism.
One thing to mention, you may want to ask for directions if you’re not familiar with the area or don’t have a GPS. I live in South Florida, have lived in the keys, and travel to Key West about 6 times a year and I still used the GPS to get there. It’s not hard to find, just off the beaten path. As much as I want to keep this place to myself, that’s not fair to them and I must admit I highly recommend it and plan to return there very often!

• Visited December 2012