“5 star in every way” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Prime Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #102 of 365 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Grinnell
Description: Prime Steakhouse offers the finest steaks in the Florida Keys! Whether a 24oz Bone in Rib Eye or a succulent Filet, grilled to perfection, Prime is the best kept secret in Key West. Tucked away in the Conch Harbor Marina above Dante's, settle into our intimate dining room and let our servers take care of the rest. In addition to fabulous steaks, Prime serves Fresh Florida Lobster and nightly Seafood and Pasta specials. Nightly specials may also include a 16 oz Bone In Filet, Double Bone Pork Chop and an outrageous 16oz Veal Chop. Don't miss the Crab Cake and the Smoked Gouda & White Truffle Macaroni & Cheese. Noted for it's impeccable world-class service, the finest wines from the USA, Italy & France and a superb Martini and Cocktail menu, Prime has become the locals favorite Steakhouse!
“5 star in every way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Everything was perfect about this restaurant. The food is the best, the service was wonderful and the presentation top-notch. The price is on the extreme high side, but they deliver value for the price they ask. I especially liked the tenderloin I had there. The sauce made it perfect. I will go there again just to get that, when we are in Key West.

“Good place, but high price to value ratio.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012 via mobile

The food was exceptional, so if you want the very best meal, then it is worth a trip. The prices are pretty steep, though. The night we were there the service was okay, but not great. The largest problem with this restaurant was the waiting in front of it for it to open. The pool right next to it was full of young drunks screaming and yelling and playing the music that sounds like electronic fart sounds. The restroom in the plaza outside the restroom the restaurant was so trashed from the drinking party that I was appalled. I don't know if that's normal, but I don't recommend spending any time outside of th restaurant.

Saint Simons Island, Georgia
“The Best Steaks On The Island!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

My wife and I have eaten here 5 times and we now know if we want a steak this is the place to get it. I have had the Filet, Strip, Bone In Ribeye and The Veal Chop. Every steak I have ordered here has been cooked exactly as I ordered. We met the owner(Dale) several years ago on New Year's Eve and after talking with him a few minutes you can understand why there is no choice meat in the place. Only Prime! The bone in ribeye is my go to here. It is a 24 ounce, flavorful, meaty and juicy cut of prime beef. My wife would be happy if she just got a large plate of the truffled maccaroni and smoked gouda. This dish tries to steal the headlines. Wonderful Wine List as well. The atmosphere is very laid back and oozes Old Key West Style. We enjoy this place so much this was where we chose to eat on our wedding night. They sat us in the private to right as you walk in and we felt like we had the restaurant to ourselves. The wait staff is also the best on the Island! Kudos to you Prime!

• Visited May 2012
Egg Harbor Twp, NJ
“Excellent steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

We ate at the Prime Steakhouse last week and everything was great. Our server was friendly and attentive and the NY strip steak that I had was cooked perfect and tasted great.

• Visited May 2012
Beckley, West Virginia
“WOW!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I travel all over the country for work. I have eaten at some of the finest restaurants in the country. I come to Key West 3-5 times a year and have eaten all over the island. Prime hands down is one of the best. I do not give restaurant reviews until I eat their at least twice. Anyone can have a good or bad day; well theirs has always been great. There steaks are the best on the island and one of the best I have ever had, and the service was out of this world. I can’t say enough about this place.

• Visited February 2012