“Unexpected find in an out of the way place” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #59 of 381 Restaurants in Key West
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Easley, South Carolina
“Unexpected find in an out of the way place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Very yummy food. The wait staff was super friendly and our waitress even brought us a picture of a hogfish so we knew what we were eating! My husband had the lobster roll - very ample and tasty.

Visited December 2013

New England
“Smell the ocean stool with your meal”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

This harbor stunk. The outside seating was a bad choice. The restaurant was just a mistake to be at. A friend's favorite. But it reflects him a bit- Grungy, old and more beach bum than blue collar. Food was just okay. Jerk wings had solid flavor, other dishes were unimpressive like pulled pork and fish sandwich. Driving through Key West Calcutta to get there is a waste of time. The music was even more pathetic in the bar area. But I'm not Joe Bonamassa so I'll quit while I'm ahead. I'm not sure why people like this place. They like it. I don't. Maybe it's a local place to hide from all the incoming tourists? Maybe I'm just a whining crab and now you want to crack my shell. Whatever people. Nothing to see here. Move on.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Twin Cities, MN
“High points and low”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

We were here for dinner on a night that was rapidly turned breezy and cool. We had a bit of a wait, but not bad. Liked the setting and the ambiance of the place very much. We started with cerviche, which was quite good. A bit too much jalapeño in it for me, but still good. My husband had lobster bisque. Delicious but cold, not even luke warm. He should have sent it back, but didn't. Our entrees were good, but again my MiL's hogfish( a speciality of the restaurant) was cold, and she sent it back. Half my meal was hot but the veggies stone cold. It was very hit and miss. It was that way with each of us. Part of the meals hot and on the same plate, cold food. Something in the kitchen wasn't going well that evening. I would give it another try if we found ourselves in the area, just because I think we hit it on a bad night.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Doha, Qatar
“Excellent Oysters”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Located not far from Mallory Park, in a small plazza , this typical Key West restaurant is an amazing place with good life music, staff very friendly. They have excellent sea food, shrimps, oysters. I will recomment it to all sea food lovers

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Yorktown, Virginia, United States
“Worth Finding”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Absolute hole in the wall but really good food. Wife, daughter and I ate there and is was good and reasonable. They had fish and shrimp tacos I had fish and chips. Enjoyed every bite. Place was packed on a Friday and beer was cold!. Band was even enjoyable. Will go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere