“One of the best hotels I have stayed at!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
5% off room rate
Ranked #4 of 45 Hotels in Key West
Kensington, CT
“One of the best hotels I have stayed at!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I must say that I am somewhat of a very picky traveler. With that said the Santa Maria Suites is a very relaxing "believe it or not due to location" place to stay. I picked this hotel after many hours of evaluation for a all girls trip and we had (two) two bedroom suites for 7 of us and was very happy. Location was in a very laid back part of Key West but yet within a quick walk. Usually I can find at least one thing that really turns me off regarding the help, the room and or the atmosphere but yet with the Santa Maria I really can't come up with one negative? place is beyond beautiful.

Room Tip: Two bedroom first floor is a must!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Polish first
Overland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

After much research, we booked Santa Maria Suites for 4 nights for a Girl's Trip in late November. I initially hesitated because I felt like we needed to be closer to the "action" on Duval, but quickly found out that everything truly is just a short walk, bicycle ride, or cheap late night taxi ride back to the hotel.

There isn't a single negative thing I can say about this property. Everything about it was perfect.

- beautiful surroundings & grounds
- lush, comfortable, clean, state-of-the-art accomodations
- terrific pool
- lots of little perks for guests (muffins in the morning, ice cream in the evening)
- friendly staff that goes out of their way to make sure you have everything you want or need
- location close enough to everything you want to do but quiet enough to get some sleep at night (seriously if you're out on Duval late and are stumbling back, take a taxi, it's cheap and gets you back to the hotel quickly & safely)

Call them directly for the best rates and sign up for their email specials on their site. Trip Advisor had a 10% discount when we booked our trip. Their rates are competitive and you will be so much more comfortable!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

We were at Santa Maria Suites for only one night, as we decided to arrive a day early in Key West and get a jump start on our vacation. Santa Maria Suites was so nice, we could have spent our entire vacation there, if we'd know when booking hotels originally. We stayed in a drop-dead gorgeous one bedroom suite, with living room, full kitchen, one and a half baths, and THREE balconies, including a very nice terrace overlooking the pool. We enjoyed turn-down service with a mint on our pillows, and muffins tucked away in the kitchen for the next morning. The pool area is beautiful, and during happy hour, we got some excellent advice on some great dinner options. Thanks, Santa Maria Suites, we look forward to coming back some day!

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

My family and I loved the seven nights we spent at this hotel. We had an amazing two bedroom suite with balcony overlooking the pool. We are booking the same time next year, that's how good this place is. Special mention to Christina at the pool bar who recomended and booked the Western Union sunset cruise for us This spectacular event is a must do.

Room Tip: Second floor offers more privacy.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Came down from New Jersey for 3 nights 12-8-12 - 12-11-12. Got upgraded upon check in without paying an extra dime or requesting. Price was as promised per the booking that I did online on the hotel website. We originally had a two bedroom walk-up but got a poolside two bedroom suite instead at no extra charge. Amazing modern kitchen, bedroom, living area and bathroom. CLEAN everywhere. Bathrooms are huge and have double showers in master bath. Single shower by 2nd bedroom. No tub though. Any of the dirty carpet comments makes no sense since the room we were in (3) had no carpets just some area rugs. Pool and pool bar was fabulous. Free smoothies, lemon water, lemonade and fresh fruit. Just bring your own alcohol to spike the wonderful smoothies lol. Modern kitchen has stainless steel appliances and a fridge and freezer that beeps at you if it is left open accidentally lol. Ample room to place alcohol bottles/cans that you want to keep cold. Freezer makes ice for you. Ice Cream bars, muffins and chocolates with nightly turn down service. Morning newspaper each day too. Ample towels provided. Beautiful LCD TV's and entertainment center which allowed me to watch the Giants stomp the Saints without a problem lol as well as play music through the TV. Ipod players in bedrooms. Beds were super comfy. Slept like a baby. Housekeeping left things spotless and were friendly. Front desk service was perfect. Printed out tickets I needed without a problem, called a taxi when needed. Parking is limited but the street has plenty of free spots right by parking lot entrance if needed. It is right by Southernmost point and block from one of the better Key west Beaches (not much of those honestly). Complimentary beach chairs and towels with Santa Maria Room Key. Complimentary towels by pool. Pool was serene and relaxing. A true get away and very relaxing. It is away from the busier parts of Duval so you get peace and quiet when you are in the hotel. They say "welcome home" to you each night. Duval is walkable but I'd say seaport and Mallory square require the car. Found parking on the other side of Duval with ease, meters are cheap compared to my area of New Jersey and of course NYC. I didn't need to ask the hotel about what there is to do but they are happy to help and they do give you an attraction map upon check in. Happy hour consists of some pita chips and hummus. So many good restaurants in the area, they really don't need to provide any more food than they do (i.e. muffins, ice cream, chocolate and happy hour). There's a restaurant in the hotel that we didn't get a chance to try. Plenty of restaurants in the immediate vicinity and in the main parts of Duval which is a quick drive or in some cases walk away from the hotel. Believe me you want to stay here each night as it is so relaxing and amazing. I guess if you want to be nearer to the bustle it may be bothersome to have to drive to get there but to me and my wife we'd rather have the experience of Key West that we did so we get to stay in a great hotel like Santa Maria Suites.

Room Tip: GET ROOM 3! Book a lesser room through the hotel's site and maybe you might just get upgraded fo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My family and I only went for one night but it is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. I have been there in the past but every time I go the experiences are just better and better. The staff is fantastic and we had a really good time because of them. One particular staff member was Kristen who was at the pool area. She told us some good places to eat and my aunt and I had a really good time talking with her about Key West and life in general. I'm definitely looking forward to the next time I go back to Key West because I will only stay at this hotel! Thanks again.

Room Tip: The downstairs rooms facing the pool are probably the best ones because they have easy access to the...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

This was a nice hotel with some nice perks like wet bar. For the price though I would expect at least that. A nice place to stay but per dollar is not a huge find. Beach access is a little bit away maybe a block or so away.

• Stayed December 2012