“Highlight of Our Trip to Key West” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 302 activities in Key West
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: When you sail with Danger Charters, you sail to another world and time; to a place where the wildlife is still "wild" and your interaction with nature is intimate and authentic. You feel as if you've stepped back in time, back to the days when the Florida Keys backcountry was home to traditional, shallow-draft sailing craft, captained by local water men who had grown up sailing and navigating the notorious shallows and challenging narrow channels of the Florida Keys.
Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Highlight of Our Trip to Key West”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2008

We just recently returned from a trip to Key West. Fortunately, we were told about Danger Charters from Liz at Key West Bed & Breakfast. She booked an afternoon of sailing, snorkeling and kayaking for my husband, myself and another couple. It was a great trip and well worth the $75 pp. I like the idea of limiting the group to 12 people. Our ship's captain Brian was outstanding....one can tell he truly enjoys his job. I would highly recommend this trip to anyone.

austin, tx
“Wind & Wine was a blast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2008

Had a blast on the Wind & Wine cruise last night. Wendy, Megan and Hague (I'm sure I'm misspelling names and I apologize for that) really made an effort to make everyone on the boat feel welcome and they definitely kept the wine flowing. I’m sure we drank our share and then some.

Highly recommend on your next trip out to Key West!

Pittsburgh
4 attraction reviews
“Nothing like I expected. You must read this.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2008

Seeing as this was #1 on Trip Advisor I went in a little skeptical. It blew my mind. I got the full day snorkel/kayak trip. Below are my key points for the trip that are different from normal snorkeling trips. Please understand, this was the highlight of my trip, but not for the snorkeling as I thought it would be. It was a time on the ocean that most people will never see in other places because of the unique type of shallow water in the Keys, and the things they have you do.

* It’s a small sail boat (Danger's Prize) and therefore can’t hold the typical 40-50 people that other snorkel boats do. We had about 20. It was definitely a lot nicer having a small amount of people. There were 4 crew members. Having so little people meant that someone was always there to help you with beer. Even with 20 people though, the boat was a little cramped. You picked your spot and sat there. But that was OK. There were tarps over head that kept the sun down which was great at stopping sunburn, and plenty of things to drink.

* This is best for adults and not kids. There was one family on the trip and they seemed out of place. The beer and wine flies. Don’t get me wrong, this is what it should be doing. It’s Key West, not Disney. I am not sure why parents would bring their kids to Key West.

* The snorkeling sucked. I thought we would go to a reef and see a lot of reef fish with their great colors seeing as this is a reef island. We were in 20-30 feet of water with a flat bottom and saw tarpon, a shark, and a few sting rays. No fish. Nor would there be any fish in the type of water we were in. People came back to the boat pretty quick because there was nothing to see but ocean bottom. To be fair though, they may stop other places depending on the day of the week or the boat, or they may stop other places on the 1/2 day trip. I am not sure. I would ask.

* The Kayak tour of the mangroves will absolutely blow your mind.

* They stop in the middle of the ocean, on a sand bar that is about 100 X 100 feet wide and 4’-5’ deep. The water is completely clear, has a sand bottom, and it the exact color of a swimming pool. Everyone gets out with pool noodles and beers and floats around. It is the world’s largest infinity pool. I will remember this forever.

* This is not a snorkel trip. This is a get out on the ocean and do stuff you will never do, with a limited number of people, and a great crew.

* If you don’t drink and don’t like to swim in the ocean then you’ll probably not like this trip. You’ll be sitting on the boat watching everyone (including the crew) out in the ocean having fun.

* If you like to drink, like to be floating on a noodle in the middle of the ocean, and just want to unwind, this is the best thing since sliced bread.

* Our trip was 1/2 younger crowd and 1/2 older crowd.

* If you don’t do this trip you’ll miss the best thing on Key West.

miami, Florida
“A great time for all!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2008

My boyfriends 24th Birthday was this past weekend. I stressed what to get him until i found out about danger charters. i surprised him with a full day of snorkeling and kayaking and later with the "wind and wine" tour. He found the snorkeling and Kayaking to be so much fun. He went through two rolls of film (underwater camera) just shooting pictures of sting rays, nurf sharks (i believe that's the name...they are harmless so nothing to worry about) and so on. Kayaking was so fun. Our tour leader knew his stuff! He knew everything about the mangroves, the birds we came across (the great blue haron was my favorite), and the history of the area. We were both very impressed.
My boyfriend said that he was very relaxed throughout the whole trip. He said it was a nice escape from work, stress, and everyday life back home. I'm very glad i went with danger charter's as my pick for a getaway. I strongly recommend it. To young couples, older couples, a small group of friends, large group of friends, everyone. I assure you you will have a great experience. (In my opinion the Full day is worth the extra $25 dollar cost)
Crew- Amazing, Social and attentive
Danger's Prize (sail boat)- Very nice!
Area- great!
Food/snacks- good. and non-stop drinks included
Overall experience- AMAZING!

Toronto
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2008

We went on the full day sail/snorkel/kayak trip and had a great time. The crew are fun, friendly and really knowledgeable about the history of the Keys they can tell you anything about the wildlife. The food was fantastic too!

Can't say enough about this day trip....if you are planning a trip to Key West most definitely book a day for this, you won't regret it!