“Home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Cayo Hueso Resorts
513 United Street, Key West, FL 33040   |
Boston
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Loved it from the moment we opened the gate door. Perfect setting and exactly what we wanted. I was apprehensive with limited photos online but that turned into a blessing because it was beyond my expectations. The cottages have all you would need to include a gas grill on the deck. Each cottage has a deck, grill, full kitchen, AC, internet, etc. It has more than a hotel provides all included in the price. Joyce was great to work with. Her offering to grocery shop prior to our arrival was ideal. I emailed a list, on arrival everything was put away to include a cooler full of beer and soda. This was our first visit to Key West and I was so happy to find Cayo Hueso. I honestly do not have one negative comment to report. Loved it and would return in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Cottage 515R is furthest away from the street and next to the pool (our preference)... All cottages...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

33 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Crestview, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We loved this cottage! When we opened the gate, we entered a beautifully landscaped oasis with a pool. I wish we could have stayed longer! We will definitely return! Ms. Joyce was wonderful to deal with and Olga kept our place clean and tidy. There is a laundry room, which is so nice to have on vacation! I loved that the cottage was in Old Town area (my favorite area). We were here to dive and did not get a chance to tour the area much, good excuse to return!

Room Tip: We were in a rear cottage, so it was right by the pool (which no one used but us).
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Been to Key West many times, but this was my first stay at Cayo Hueso Resorts. Loved having our own Key West cottage. Grounds are lush, salt water pool feels great after a long, hot day seeing the sites. Private deck with grill and patio furniture is lovely. All our fellow neighbors/cottage dwellers were friendly. Felt like being at your home away from home. Right off of Duvall Street, but near SouthernMost Point so you can get away from the nightlife and have some real, true island time! Joyce and Olga are great. Next time I'm in Key West there is no place I would rather stay!

Room Tip: Select a cottage off the street. We stayed in 511R and it was great. Two bedroom, two bath. Can slee...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Hinesville, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I search high and low for someplace to stay when planning this vacation /anniversary for my wife and I. I considered my usual hotel chains, rewards points, cost, etc. Im so glad I dropped all this nonsense and decided to go to Cayo Hueso Resort. The private cottage was great. Quiet area, close to everything, and it had the feel of complete privacy. The deck was nice where we ate breakfast under the palm trees and the pool was wonderful also. I was shocked to see how nice the landscaping was and trust me when I say this..This place was great and very affordable. Service was great from Joyce and Olga was just the best housekeeper around. If we needed anything, believe me she made it happen. No rude bellman or porter attitude. Just a plain nice lady. I don't know where some of these people stayed that had bad things to say about this place because they didn't stay at the same place we did..Couldn't have. If your bringing a family..don't be stupid and rent a 1 bedroom..its not enough room, get a larger cottage or the private house, but if you wanting to have a wonderful place to stay, without all the noise and mopeds screaming all night long in front of your room, this place is the best. I will be returning again to Key West and believe me, I will not even hesitate to book this wonderful piece of heaven again. The only downside to the trip was the parking in which you had to buy a parking pass to park on the street, but that's not something that would halt me from staying here again. That's a city thing but an all day pass is better than coins in the parking meters. Just buy the max time and use the ticket everywhere you need to go when parking is needed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Newport News, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

My wife and I were turned onto Cayo Hueso by a friend who stays there every time he is in Key West. Our first visit was for Valentines weekend two years ago and we stayed with friends in the larger stand alone cottage that had a private pool. It was great so we knew we wanted to stay there on our next visit. That turned out to be a weekend for wedding of a family member. We stayed in the Blue Cottage next to the pool. It was great, perfect size for my wife and I. Everything was very clean and Olga was more than accommodating. We used the 30min parking spot out front for unloading and had free parking in a lot just over a block away. We didn't plan on getting into a car until it was time to leave so this was perfect for us. We rented bikes from the hotel across the street which I highly recommend because they are cheap and you can lock them up inside the resort at night. We really like this place because its on the quite side of town but its still very close to everything. Great restaurants and art galleries are a short bike/walk away, you can go have fun down on Duval and come back to sleep in peace and quiet. We will certainly stay here again and again.

Room Tip: There is a large cottage that has a bedroom and two lofts up spiral staircases, the front loft can b...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Stayed at Cayo Hueso (Yellow Cottage) three days before and two days after Tropical Storm and had a blast! Joyce, Olga, and staff were great throughout and very accommodating of us during our extended stay there (airports shut down)! Cottage was spacious, grill and private patio awesome, and cottage came fully stocked and was very clean and welcoming. Pool was excellent and having laundry close by very nice as well. Also bike rack for guests inside "compound" which was great, I am sure parking would be only downfall to this property but we biked everywhere so no worries there! Very close to areas of interest (Duval Street, Beach, and restaurants), friendliness of staff and ease of check in/out simply cannot be matched, and kitchen, A/Cs, and Wifi fully functioning. Great experience even during challenging weather and will most definitely be repeat customers!! Would recommend to anyone wanting an authentic Key West experience!!

Room Tip: Take your pick, they are all good!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Schaumburg, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We just returned from what was supposed to be a five night stay at Cayo Heuso cottages, but Tropical Storm Issac cut the visit short. We have stayed in two B & B's in Key West on previous visits, but I just fell in love with Cayo Heuso. We went there to meet up with another couple that was staying at the Southernmost on the Beach, and they said they would much rather be here. We have already discussed coming back and each of us getting cottages. Staying at Cayo Heuso is completely relaxing, charming, and wonderful. Each cottage has a full kitchen, bedroom, living room & bath as well as a deck with table and grill. If you can request the blue cottage, your deck overlooks the pool and the interior is decorated with colors of the ocean.

Joyce and Olga were checking on us each day and made sure we had everything we needed to be comfortable. Joyce even offered to stock our refrigerator for us prior to our visit! When we were debating on whether or not we would stay through the Storm, we were provided the keys to the other cottages that were not being occupied just in case we needed to move to another location - seriously, what other type of accommodation would do that! Then when we decided to pack up, Joyce gave us one of the Coleman coolers to put our food & drinks in.

It is so relaxing and enjoyable at Cayo Heuso that the other couple we were with told us their most favorite evening was when we just stayed at the cottage, grilled our dinner and sat by the pool with drinks. We commented several times that we would love to own one of the cottages as a vacation home.

The location is superb - one block to Duval and two blocks to the Southernmost Point with restaurants in every direction. If you rent either of the cottages that face United Street, there is a porch with rocking chairs and you can sit and people watch. The complex is private, quiet and beautifully landscaped. The only small negative is that there is only one dedicated parking spot and if you don't get that one, you have to walk a bit to park behind one of the banks.

We will definitely be back as we have found a wonderful spot with Cayo Hueso!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Cayo Hueso Resorts? Share your experiences!