“Would not change a thing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cayo Hueso Resorts

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Cayo Hueso Resorts
You added Cayo Hueso Resorts to your Saves list
513 United Street, Key West, FL 33040   |
Tampa, Florida
“Would not change a thing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

I booked all 4 of the Cottages for a large group I was staying with after the Ragnar Relay. It was perfect! The place was clean, the fridge was stocked with snacks, water, and beer and there was plenty of coffee. We spent a lot of time sitting around the pool area talking.... As we stayed in January, I wasn't expecting to need a suit (it had been cold in Florida in the week before our stay) but the pool was heated and got a lot of use by the guys in our group. I cannot think of one thing I would change about our stay. Would absolutely stay again!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Colette T

Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

First, I have never taken the time to write a review because until none have been worth taking the time. I have stayed in 5 star resorts and dives as well, lived in Hawaii, visited the Virgin Islands, Bahamas and many other locations and Cayo Hueso stands out above them all.
We stayed in the pink 2 bedroom cottage and well, it was just perfect. A complimentary welcome basket was provided with snacks and the fridge was stocked with bottled water, soda and beer. We stopped in Key Largo on the way in for groceries and found that many necessities like coffee, sugar for coffee, paper towels, etc were already there.
Olga, the housekeeper, kept our refrigerator stocked, tried to wash our dishes (we denied it) and even folded our laundry!
Joyce came by on our second day to ensure that we were satisfied and that we had everything we needed.
I really cannot say enough about it and if we don't move to Key West first, we will return to Cayo Hueso again...and we are the types that prefer to stay at different places to have multiple experiences; this however, is the exception.

• Stayed March 2011
9 Thank tcguy64
Spring Lake, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

This was our second of what we hope to be many visits to Cayo Hueso. The cottages are in a perfect location for a family. The gated in compound gives the visitor a sense of security and privacy. The private pools are surrounded by mature landscaping. Having a deck, grill, and kitchen gave us many more options for dining than a Hotel or B&B would have. Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank dsherburn
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

This place is definitely well hidden. We would never have looked at this place if we hadn't met Joyce the owner. We met her one night at Mallory Square. She invited us to come check out the place out so we did the next day. The bungalow was great and we decided to stay 1 night. It had everything that we needed. The kitchen was fully equipped. We had the pool to ourselves which was good because it is rather small. The location is perfect, just one block from Duvall St. I wish we could have stayed more than one night. We will definitely stay there next time we travel to Key West.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mtnlover1010
Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

I stayed at Cayo Hueso with my wedding party in late March 2010. Though at first, Joyce was difficult to get a hold of (there were extenuating circumstances), she was so nice once we did and was very flexible with my continuously changing plans. Thanks for understanding how complicated weddings can be!

We had the cottage with the private pool which provided us with plenty of privacy and more than enough room. Joyce had the pool warmed up and ready to go when we got there, and one of the couples with us had a baby, so Joyce had all the baby stuff out and ready (there was a brief problem that was fixed promptly). The staff was so friendly and made sure everything was good for our stay. The cottages are in a GREAT location, close to everything without being right on Duval Street with all the noise. What a great and relaxing way to prepare for my wedding!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dund0bheal
North Ridgeville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010

After leaving an area "dump", this place, across the street from the Southernmost, is an excellent place for your vacation. No, I'm not getting paid to write this, but having a whole house to yourself - a private pool, a private deck and gas grill - is wonderful!

The housekeeper - Olga - was so nice and made you feel so comfortable. The owner is very nice, and goes out of her way to make things great for your stay.

I will not stay anywhere else down at Key West - I had stayed at Southernmost several times, but nothing compares to Cayo Hueso. It's definitely worth the extra money, if it even costs more!

The best part about my stay - the pool. 3 other cottages share it, but every time I was in it, I was the only one there - or with my friends. We were swimming in 80-degree water at 11 pm - listening to the music from next door - which surprisingly did not bother me at all!

Try it - you'll like it!!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank pusher24
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

Joyce and her staff went above and beyond. She was able to coordinate a wedding rehearsal dinner at the Cayo Hueso "compound" for my sister's wedding during a weekly stay there. The only thing was the uncomfortable beds, however, lounging by the pools in the sun while enjoing some adult beverages made it all worth while! Thank you again Joyce!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family