“Spanish Gardens - Great Value!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Spanish Gardens Motel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Spanish Gardens Motel
You added Spanish Gardens Motel to your Saves list
1325 Simonton Street, Key West, FL   |
Ranked #57 of 94 Key West B&B and Inns
Miami Beach, Florida
“Spanish Gardens - Great Value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

We stayed at SG on the 6th - 9th of July and as always, it was a pleasure. We went down with my nephew and his wife and usually stay on the south end of town. SG is always a good value and we've always found the Staff to be helpful.

If you need constant assistance or specials services - please go else where. There's several high-end hotels within blocks of SG. We love this quaint, clean hotel and want it to stay like it is. We've been staying here for many years and can verify the rooms have been renovated and ours has always been clean. The toliet space is tight but if that's an issue, ask if the cottage rooms are available. The cottage is also great for couples and families. ! side has 2 queen beds, the other 2 doubles. There is a kitchen in the middle.

The pool is nice sized but our experience has been it's rarely used. The areas are clean and well maintained. The grocery across the street has coffee and snacks, the cuban shop next to the store has hot food, and Southernmost Cafe is on the beach and an easy walk.

Enjoy SG - we have for years!

L&J
Miami Beach

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Miami
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

This was my 2nd visit to the Spanish Gardens. For around $100 the place is fine. Rooms are very basic but clean, roomy and everything works. 1 parking space per room is provided for free; much appreciated... Pool is next to an intersection so it'd loud with no privacy, but was lean and well maintained. the lady at the front desk was not friendly or informative about the property or island. For a place to rest your head I'd recommend. Exspect anything else and you'll be disappointed...

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

this was such a great place very clean, nice, rooms were pretty big so were the bathrooms, and for a great price also had nice and clean swimming pool, already planning are trip for this summer to the keys and yep, staying here agian!

Room Tip: very nice,clean,quite
  • Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Miami Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

room was infested with dust mites. got bitten when i was there with my husband and kids. and when i reported it to front desk, he told me that i was lying to get money and not to come back to the hotel. i would not recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Halifax, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

We were very disappointed with this hotel. Our floors were filthy!! When we rolled down the bed we found hair THAT UNFORTUNATELY WASN'T OURS!!! We called the front desk and complained ,only to be told to come and get some towels to scrub our floor!! Imagine paying this much money and then being told to clean your floor with wet towels!! We didn't leave because of March break and very difficult to find a room as we checked in late due to very long drive. Slept on top of the beds!! In the morning we tried to call around for another room only to find our phone not working!!! We went to talk to the front desk only to find us being treated in a very rude manner!! Absolutely no refunds !! I have never been so critical but I want people to know the truth. I watched the cleaning staff clean the room next door!! I couldn't believe what I saw. No bucket to scrub the floors. The room got a quick sweep out !! I saw the bed being changed and they were only in the room for about five minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!! All we expected was the floor to be cleaned and our sheets changed and we would have been very content. We are very friendly people,hard to believe we were treated so badly!!!!!!!!!! We left for Naples ,Florida and stayed at the Lemon Tree, now this was a gem!!! Extremely clean and friendly staff for less money!!! This is an exclusive area and the way the staff treated us at the Lemon Tree was a reflection of this!!!!!! This hotel could learn by example!!!!!!!!!! Clean up and hire trained ,friendly staff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Make a reservation ,but not here!!
wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

We didn't know what to expect when we booked this hotel, but I was pleasently surprised. BE CAREFUL OF PARKING IN KEY WEST! Not all hotels guarantee a parking space, and some even charge up to $25 to park, but this hotel guarantees one parking space per room at no charge. This ammenity was a huge plus because parking and driving in Key West are a little crazy. Everything is very cramped and tight.

This hotel was the perfect place to crash. Small bathroom - couldn't shut the door and use the toilet or my knees would hit the door - but good sized shower with plenty of hot water. Rooms had tile floors - which were nice. Very clean.

Lady at front desk (think it was the owner) was very rude. When we checked in, I told her that we'd forgotten the address and phone number of our dolphin excursion adventure. I gave her the name of the company and asked her to google up a phone number for them, but she refused! She said we could walk across the street and ask them for a phone book! VERY RUDE!!!! The people acorss the street at the Cuban store were super though and very helpful.

The pool was small, and right on a corner intersection, so loud and noisy with the street traffic. But I"m sure everything there was loud and noisy. It's unavoidable.

I'd try a different hotel next time, only because of the rude staff. Everything else was ok.

Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

This motel (it is a motel, not a hotel) was booked at the last minute, I admit. But for over $200 a night for a queen bed room, I expected a little more. The lady who "greeted" us at the front desk was horrible. Very rude and unappreciative. She made no mention of what we could do while in town, good restaurants, etc. And when asked what do to with our other car (we had two cars that met here), she said that she didn't have room for both in the parking lot (though it was clearly not full all weekend) and that the room only allowed one parking space, so we would have to park the other car on the street. Then, to be even more tacky, she said "nobody ever drives two cars here." um, we did. I believe she might have been the owner. She would even walk out of the front door of the office when we pulled in to watch us and make sure we only had one space! I do have to say that on check out a nice young man checked us out. The rooms were fine. Clean and apparently recently renovated (though a very simple style). Bathroom was soooo small. My knees hit the sink when you are on the toilet. Overall, I would not stay here again, unless it was a last resort, and only if I knew that the nasty tacky lady who checked us in would not be there.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Spanish Gardens Motel? Share your experiences!