“Best Birthday Weekend!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #49 of 94 Key West B&B and Inns
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Best Birthday Weekend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Spent two nights here after recommended by a friend. L'habitation House did not disappoint. Location was ideal, near all the sites but still quiet at night. The room was immaculate and the owners were amazing. Will definitely return to Key West and stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

My wife and I and another couple arrived in Key West without a reservation. We arrived at this quaint bed and breakfast and met the owner. Stuart, who showed us three rooms to choose from. The rooms were large, nicely decorated, clean and close to both Mallory Square and Duval Street, but far enough away for it to be quiet. Stuart was willing to set a lower price in off-season offer free Keurig coffee, and suggest free parking a block away. Continental breakfast was fresh on an outside porch. We ended our evening sitting on the lovely front porch, a very comfortable setting. Stuart was very knowledgeable about restaurants and activities. A caution: the shower is very small and remember to turn on the room air conditioner early to cool off the room.

Room Tip: Two front king rooms were airy, bright and large.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in L'habitation for one night only but it was the most beautiful and most friendly place during my two weeks' trip around Florida. The hosts are amazing people who make you feel like at home. I look forward to coming back!!!

• Stayed May 2013
delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in room 12 - clean and spacious. A great continental breakfast. The porch is great to sit and relax. A wonderful value. We were given tips for a perfect sunset viewing location and beach area. We would love to be return visitors.

• Stayed May 2013
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

L' Habitation is the perfect location and a great price!! We just spent 7 nights there, and was our 4th year in a row staying there in March (week 10 or 11), and we love it! Stewart and Helena are very welcoming, and remember us every year. Very clean rooms, very safe area and very comfortable. We'll be back in March 2014!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here several times and really like the day we are accomadated.always clean and a nice breakfast every morning!You can't go wrong with this place.Very covisnt to Duvall St and area restaurants

• Stayed March 2013
Bradenton, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This house has a great location, and cute rooms.

We stayed in room 21 which is the only two bedroom. It was my girlfriend and I also joined by another couple. We unfortunately planned our vacation this past week during spring break. I say it was unfortunate because we were harassed the entire time by the owners of this house. They said they " don't take spring breakers" fair enough but we are not "spring breakers" we all work full-time jobs and have children of our own. Once we told them to stop harassing us about "being on spring break" we were accused of smuggling people into our rooms. The husband asked me "how many people were in your room last night"? I told him myself, my girlfriend, and the other couple. He said "are you sure there wernt two other females in there?" Now why would two couple on vacation together bring two strange women into our rooms?? Doesn't make sense. So we said we understand you are trying to comfort your other guest but you are making us feel uncomfortable and we don't even want to stay here any longer...

we were asked to pay the whole reservation up-front and I knew that felt weird when they asked us, but I thought it may be their policy. But I figured that out to be wrong once we checked out, the wife says all I need is your keys it looks like you already paid. So now they have completely profiled this 25-28 year old group as being spring breakers, human traffickers, and poor. What did they think we were going to not have the money to pay them at the end? (they have a credit card on file for a reason)

They also lock the back patio at night so you cant relax anywhere on the property except your bedroom and the front porch where homeless people live. The maid doesnt go out of her way she makes your bed and gives you new towels that's it. The maid is a snoop her name is Maria and I set my laptop up and watched her open our cooler up to see what was inside of it (I was recording with my webcam).

Another night while downstairs waiting for our girlfriends to run up stairs real quick to grab something, my girlfriend sent me a picture of a half naked man sleeping with his door wide opened within 10 feet of our room.

Key west was amazing, this house was terrible we spent over a thousand dollars for three nights and got harassed the whole time this is my first review ever writing because I just couldn't allow anyone to go here expecting a decent experience.

Its in a great location though!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to L'Habitation? Share your experiences!