“Another awesome stay at The Southernmost House” 5 of 5 stars

Southernmost House
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   1400 Duval Street, Key West, FL 33040   |
Ranked #47 of 98 Key West B&B and Inns
High Point, North Carolina
“Another awesome stay at The Southernmost House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Recently had a girls trip to the Southernmost House. It was absolutely wonderful. This was our second trip to the Southernmost House and we hope to go again soon. The innkeeper Kodi was an absolute joy and attended to our every need, the entire staff was very respectful and delightful. I was in room 107 which is absolutely perfect location on the property. Room was very spacious, wonderful king size bed, and beautiful decor. The water front pool and bar are absolutely devine. The area has lounge chairs, hammocks and tables by the pool and on the water. The pool was spotless each day.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

275 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I recently traveled from North Carolina to Key West, Florida for a vacation with four friends. We spent four nights at the Southernmost House, and it was absolutely stunning. I stayed in an incredible suite, complete with a living room, kitchen, bed room and bath. To say the room was luxurious would be an understatement. There was a fantastic porch right outside my room with a fantastic view of the ocean.

The staff was amazing. Kadi and her staff treated us like royalty. They went out of their way to make sure that we had everything that we needed, and checked on us throughout our stay to ask if we needed information about local sights and restaurants, or just to make sure that we were comfortable. The housekeeping staff were friendly, efficient and prompt, and kept our rooms spotless. The bartenders at the poolside cabana bar were friendly and helpful, and made a mean "Fruity Yum Yum" (a frozen concoction we invented of mango, strawberry and orange vodka that we drank by the gallon!)

We wanted to spend some time exploring the island, but we had way too much fun at the Southernmost House to want to leave! We wound up spending our days by the pool, enjoying the the beautiful atmosphere, as well as the company of the other guests and local visitors who were incredibly entertaining. I just can't say enough about the pool. It was incredible. The pool was spotlessly clean, the water warm and inviting, and the scenery was gorgeous.

The location was perfect. The Southernmost House is located at the quiet end of Duval Street, just a short walk from all of the popular tourist spots. Each evening we walked down Duval, where we found a wide variety of choices for dining and entertainment. It was really nice being within walking distance to the fun bars and restaurants, but it was also pretty great to be far enough away from all of the action so that we were never bothered by rowdy crowds or noise.

I travel often for both business and pleasure, and I can honestly say that I have never had an experience to equal my stay at the Southernmost House. The beautiful architecture, wonderful amenities, friendly and helpful staff and incredibly view made this vacation one of my favorite trips ever. I just can't recommend this amazing facility highly enough. I guarantee that you will not be disappointed if you stay at this beautiful resort. My friends and I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We recently stayed at the Southernmost House on the ocean and it was such a wonderful experience. The grounds are beautiful, the service is excellent. It was such an incredible feeling to be able to enjoy such a beautiful property. The staff at the hotel was marvelous made our welcome so wonderful! The inkeeper Kadi oh wow don't have words to tell you what a wonderful person she is. Whole staff was respectful, full of wonderful energy and always make sure the service was incredbible and always made you fell welcome.

Thank you to Kadi and the staff and a special thanks to Ms. Mel Stuart whom did all our travel arrangements; what a lovely lady. Southernmost is very lucky to have both Ms. Staurt and Kadi.

Can not wait to return with my family!

Ely, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Having relocated from another hotel we were LUCKY to find ourselves at The Southernmost House. From the first meeting with Kadi and her staff we were pampered and the treatment we received turned a potential bad experience into a lifelong memory. We had a beautiful room with wonderful views in a stunning location.

Thanks again to Kadi and her excellent tea.

Room Tip: We stayed in the main house on the third floor and these can only be accessed via two flights of st...
Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

The Southernmost House was a great place to stay. We usually stay in larger hotels but this time our friends picked the spot.... and we are glad they did. We really enjoyed the stay and the history surrounding this spot. The staff took great care of us and were always available for questions, directions, suggestions or to get us a drink, towel, chair or whatever....
I woke up early every morning and walked out by the pool to watch the sunrise. Plenty of seating by the pool and down by the ocean as well. A couple of hammocks between the beach, pool and the bar became my favorite spot.
Breakfast was included and they left it out until 10:30 every morning so we were able to go out for a run and eat a bit later every day.
Right off Duval street so easy access to all the "spots"... La Te Da bar a couple blocks away was fun and great people watching. The beds were comfortable and the air conditioning worked great. We stayed in room 104 which is a separate small house all of its own.. it had extra room in the den with a full refrigerator so our room became the gathering place for drinks before we'd head out each night.
One last note... if you go to Key West.. you have to eat at The Flaming Bouy.... Fantastic Food!

Maryville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I found this hotel on an internet search. The web site was well constructed and included some great pictures of the hotel and surroundings. I was looking for something different for my honeymoon. It turned out to be the best and most romantic experience of my life.

The staff was very helpful and gave us some great tips on activities and restaurants. Housekeeping staff did a great job as well. I could not be happier with the service.

My new wife and I fell in love with Key West. It was a great choice for a romantic get-away location. The life style and people were very interesting. Everyone made us feel welcome and at home. A note to add is that the month of September is a great time to book Key West. The crowds are not there in the numbers of other times of the year. There is a chance of a passing shower but they are just that. The temperatures are very moderate.

I give this location and the Southernmost House my highest recommendations. We will book Southernmost House again next year for our first anniversary.

Room Tip: The beach view rooms are worth a little extra cost. The view is spectacular!
La Verne, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

On our way to the southernmost point, we stopped at this B&B to take some quick pics. Seeing as how it is on every tourist map I thought we should see it. As I was taking pictures the inn keeper came out and basically told us to leave unless we were staying there. Obviously it was rude and it rubbed me wrong. I'm sure tourist stop by all the time to see it, and seeing as how they make their living off tourist , you think she would have been nicer!
My advice to any tourist who may stop by.....don't! You just might get yelled at.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Kadi637, General Manager at Southernmost House, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Christina S., We pride ourselves on being friendly and the Southernmost House has visitors every day take pictures on our front porch and they respect the privacy and security of our guests who stay at the Southernmost House. In your excitement to take pictures you and your family ran up the stairs leading to a private porch area of a guest room. We advised you that it was a private area and that we were a Bed and Breakfast and that our guests had complained of visitors coming up to their private porch areas and were startled when strangers appear on the stairs. It is a delicate balancing act to be welcoming to visitors and to keep the privacy and security of our guests at the same time. We apologize that you felt we did not want visitors taking picture... Actually we often assist in taking pictures for our visitors so everyone can be in the picture on the porch of the Southernmost House. Kadi Kay - Innkeeper Southernmost House

Been to Southernmost House? Share your experiences!