“Good Hideaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Spindrift Motel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Spindrift Motel
You added Spindrift Motel to your Saves list
1212 Simonton Street, Key West, FL 33040   |
Ranked #75 of 92 Key West B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Good Hideaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2009

I have stayed at the Spindrift twice this year, in January and again in April. The motel provides a room and a pool, but not much else. What would one expect in Key West for $79 nightly?

On my last stay, the room was clean, bright, and faced the pool. The pool itself was well looked after, warm, and I spent several afternoons there prior to going on the pub crawl.

Parking was free, check in and check out was smooth. For an inexpensive crash pad in Key West, I wouldn't look any further.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
chicago areas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

me and my wife stayed there for 5 days...carol the lady gave us a discount on the rooms, which saved us a few hundred bucks in the end,,,we also got a free pass to go on a FURY adventure...great gal really...nice woman...gave us a few names of some paces to eat and relax and gave us some deals on renting scooters and whatnot....didnt take full advantage of it all but heck 5 days there wasnt enough time to do it all!! we are coming back next year to this place.....but believe me,,,,once u park your car there....leave it and get a scooter or a bike otherwise you do a lot of hellacious walking like we did...musta walked 10 miles up and down duval street!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Miami
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2009

My family and I had a horrible experience at this hotel. The whole building and its surrounding areas are all run down, mediocre, old, and in need of maintenance, and the pool area is not inviting at all. The service we received from the lady at the front desk was incredibly awful. On the day we were due to check out, this lady pretty much kicked us out. I've never experienced such a horrible hotel experience in my life. If you want to relax and rest on your vacation, don't stay here. Check out is at 10 am, not a minute later. We are a family of 5 and had rented a room with a kitchenette for $145/night and on the day we had to leave, had lots of things to pack up so we kindly asked for an extra 30 minutes to put our things together. The lady said absolutely not and started banging on our door kicking us out. She even took it upon herself to open our room door herself and kick us out yet again. She banged on our door 3 times in a span of 20 minutes and told us "you need to leave now! We need to go in there and clean the room." It was shocking that we had to go through this. We didn't receive any hospitality or courtesy at this place whatsoever, so please do not stay here. It will ruin your vacation.

• Stayed April 2009
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2009

The room was clean but the place is a run down dump. For $130 a night I execpt a nice place. Some paint would be nice and some wood on the funiture not scratchesand no wood.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2008

i decided to drive down to KW from miami. although i planned to do it "sometime" during my stay in south florida, i didnt know when. i rolled into town late afternoon with nowhere to stay. as my tour was being set up for the next day, i asked "where can i get a room for $70-80 a night?" i was directed here and got a king bed for $79 plus tax. its for sure nothing fancy. i was going to be there less than 24 hours so it wasnt a big deal to me. the room had a fridge and the shower and AC worked well.

the hotel is located at simonton and louisa. short walk to the southernmost point. quite a bit of a walk in the opposite direction to mallory square and duval crawl area.

• Liked — the room looked and smelled clean
  • Disliked — its a cheesy motel
Stayed July 2008
Marathon, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2008

As Marathon locals we're always looking for a place to crash when we choose to spend the night in KW. This place fits the bill to a T! Not luxurious by any measure. But very quiet, very comfortable bed, very clean, nice pool (although we didn't use it), friendly staff. Just one block off Duval at the south end. Easy walk to anything including your Duval Crawl. Wouldn't want to spend more than one or two nights there but it's a very economical choice for a short stay. First time to KW or staying longer? -- choose one of the more upscale B&B's or resorts.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — lack of luxury
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2008

It was my second trip to Key West and I did alot of research as to where to stay for I wanted to be closer to Duvall and all things "Key West"! The Spindrift was in my preferred price range, as well as within walking distance of everything. If you don't mind walking that is. It could be kind of far for those older or less inclined to walk say a mile or two site seeing....It also accomodated me and my husband and my father in law with privacy. We had a seperate room within our suit and we paid 109 a night. It was clean, spacious and accomodating. We were on the second floor. The bathroom was HUGE and housekeeping was done...The pool, though we didn't use it, was inviting. I would reccomend this and definately will stay there again. We were not in the room very often but to sleep, but on occasion it was nice to come back to and relax in some AC and have a Corona or two...and watch the lizards scamper about the property.

Stayed May 2008

Been to Spindrift Motel? Share your experiences!