“My 1st Cuban Restaurant - Good choice!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Spanish, Cuban
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Arlington, Texas
“My 1st Cuban Restaurant - Good choice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

We had dinner at at El Meson de Pepe , our 1st Cuban food. It was excellent. We got a platter and my husband and I split it. There was plenty for both and we sampled several different types of Cuban foods. We had # 80. Completa de Caballo Grande
- Sample our 3 most popular- Cuban Dishes: #69 Lechon Asado, #62 RopaVieja, and #61 Picadillo Habanero; served with white or yellow rice, black beans, plantains, and
yucca - $19.25
Everything was tasty and we were impressed. Then we finished with a slice of their home made Key Lime pie...which was excellent. It had the merinque on top.
They do add a gratuity, so be sure and watch for it. We sat outside on the patio and you are close to Mallory Square and can sometimes see the sunset. They have live music outside on stage also. Our waiter was very attentive and was very knowledgeable.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Estero, Florida
“A fabulous visit to Cuba without going there”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

A fantastic find. The service is fantastic and the service is great. The waiter we had was fabulous I never got his name but i have included a photo of him. He alone is worth the stop. The food was fantastic and i had one of the best Charasco's i have ever had. The Phlan was very good and the drinks were generous. Great music and dancing if that is your thing.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Beware that 15% service charge is included at the bar”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

A large group of us stopped at El Meson de Pepe after sunset at Mallory and ordered many drinks, taking turns buying rounds. We tipped generously, only to later find out that the tab included a 15% gratuity on every drink. When we asked the bartender, he pointed to a very small sign behind the bar among many big signs. Seems like a scam to get bigger tips and we felt like we'd be had. I would understand if every bar in Key West did this, but I believe they are the only place with this deceitful policy. The mojitos were good, but not $13 good!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mildenhall, United Kingdom
“The cake is a lie”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stopped by some adult beverages and I was ignored and people who had ordered after me were served before the long haired bar tender even attempted to make my drinks. Better places to drink and eat.

Biloxi, Mississippi
“Swing and a miss”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stopped by on the 6 Nov at 430pm. I ordered two drinks, the big bartender with long ponytail, male type proceeded to ask someone else for their next order. Bartender instantly made their drinks. I sat there waiting for 20-25mins. I gave up and just left. Horrible service. Also the whole bar counter top was covered in ash, mount St Helen would have been proud. Have some pride and make some money. The nastiest bar I've visited.