We had a wonderful couple days at this resort... it was very quiet over (Canadian) Thanksgiving... no huge crowds. We were supposed to come from Fort Myers by Catamaran, but due to 15' swells in the Gulf, that was cancelled. We ended up taking a very small plane, from the Fort Myers Airport for the trip down, with three other passengers. It was an unbelieveable "once in a lifetime" experience! The plane was so small, that my 6'6" DH had to sit on the "jumper seat" in the aisle, as it was the only spot he could be, without hitting his head.
Check in was great, the terrific staff let us in before noon, due to our unexpected early arrival (the Catamaran would have brought us later in the day). Our room was huge, and had a great pool view, and a partial oceanview. We loved the upper terrace Bar area, to experience the "caribbean" breezes, all the boats sailing by in the sea, and enjoy each other's company as we watched the sun set. So much more intimate and comfortable than going to Mallory Square with the crowds.
We did a lot of sightseeing, did the Mel Fisher Museum, Key West Shipwreck Treasures Museum, took the Old Town Trolley Tour to Sloppy Joe's Bar, Margaritaville Café, Higg’s Beach, Bahama Village Market, Southernmost Point & Southernmost House Mansion, and then some shopping on Duval Street at Truman Avenue.
We went to the guest relations desk for ideas for a special dinner for two, "Latitudes" on Sunset Key was suggested, and all the arrangements were taken care of for us! It was all we hoped for, a romantic setting for a wonderful meal. We were the only couple aboard when we were whisked away to the island by boat, and there were only a couple tables in use during the course of the whole evening. Our table was out on the beach, on a wooden platform, with tiki lamps set in the sand around us. The food was amazing, the wine delectable, and the service was topnotch. It was truly magical to dine at the shores of the Gulf of Mexico, with the sound of the surf, the warm tropical air caressing your skin. It was our first taste of all things "Caribbean"!
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Key West Resort & Marina Hotel
- The Westin Key West Resort & Marina Hotel Key West
- The Westin Key West Resort And Marina
- Westin Key West
- Key West Hilton
- Key West Westin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Key West Resort & Marina is located in Old Town Key West right on the waterfront with one of the country’s largest private ports which welcomes cruise ships from around the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Starwood, Priceline, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your The Westin Key West Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.