This hotel has a great vibe to it. Very friendly and helpful front desk team who make you feel very welcome. The main accommodation area is in a separate building to the reception, but this does make the lobby of this building feel more relaxed (concierge is in this area).
Rather long corridors to some rooms due to the design, but the rooms themselves are well decorated, maintained and very clean. "Heavenly" beds and bathrobes are fantastic - no wonder they sell both! Bathroom areas are divided into basin area and then a sliding door to toilet and large shower. Excellent well lit mirror above basin area.
Starbucks coffee in the rooms, but the fridge isn't stocked in the room with beverages - which does help avoid overpriced temptation! The bar is very reasonably priced and breakfast was good with more very friendly service.
If you are considering staying here - read into the hotel's own island! We didn't see this on the website and only found out about it on arrival. It has the Spa area, upscale dining and also a private beach which they only allow 20 people to use per day. Definitely one to book in advance.
Downsides - the cruise liners who dock at Key West are in front of the hotel, which when they are there block the view all day. Sadly we were there on one of these days - sunset was at 5.45pm and the ship didn't leave until 6pm, so sitting on the sun deck waiting for it to happen was a bit of disappointment. Also, the pool area isn't very big and the sun only gets around 60% of the loungers due to it being in a courtyard in the middle of the main accommodation block.
But overall a very good hotel - very convenient to Duval Street etc.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Key West Resort & Marina Hotel
- The Westin Key West Resort & Marina Hotel Key West
- The Westin Key West Resort And Marina
- Westin Key West
- Key West Hilton
- Key West Westin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Key West Resort & Marina is located in Old Town Key West right on the waterfront with one of the country’s largest private ports which welcomes cruise ships from around the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Starwood, Priceline, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your The Westin Key West Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.