“Great time again!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #57 of 98 Key West B&B and Inns
Omaha, Nebraska
“Great time again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Thanks to the entire New Orleans House and Bourbon Street Pub staff for another great stay! This time I came down for Pride, and as usual, it was amazing. From the attentive service of the front desk, maintenance, and housekeeping staff, to the great bartenders and parties, you guys really make sure that your guests enjoy their stay. There is no better place to relax in the afternoons than poolside with a cold cocktail from the garden bar and a burger from Hazel's Grill. And you can't find a better place to watch the parade than from the New Orleans House balcony! Everyone I talked to said they couldn't wait return! I always hate to leave, but I'll be back soon. Thanks again for another memorable vacation!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

127 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
U.S.A.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This was my third trip to Key West, and my second time staying at New Orleans House. I was there 11 days.
*The pool, hot tub, and patio area are beautifully maintained thanks to groundskeepers Jack, Rob, and Cary. Immaculate.
*The Garden Bar is a great place to mingle, relax, or just flirt. Everyone back there is friendly, talkative and entertaining. And the bartenders are super friendly and always attentive. Jason is without a doubt my favorite bartender on the Island---he's just cool to hang out with. And, Jay is the sexiest, sweetest bartender on Duval.
*I was in room 11B---it's between the Garden Bar and Bourbon St Pub---the room is cozy and private. I had the AC on, so there was no problem with outside noise. Whenever I had too much "fun" at the Garden Bar or Bourbon St Pub, I could just slip (well, stumble) into my room and sleep it off. Oh, housekeeping always keep the room fresh and clean. I cannot remember my housekeeper's name {maybe Chris?}, but I will say he was friendly and always helpful. And very professional. The room itself was perfect for me.
*I spent most days at the Garden Bar and most nights at Bourbon St Pub...When I wasn't there, I was across the street at 801 or Saloon 1 {you'll receive a guest card when you check in to New Orleans House. Just show it at 801 and you'll get in free to the drag shows}.
Overall, I wouldn't think of staying anywhere but New Orleans House when I'm back in Key West. It's where all the parties eventually end up.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I love this little property, I had first visited the venue back in my flight attendant days. So, when I was given the chance to visit Key West for a personal trip I jumped at the chance to stay here. I booked room 11A which was just a few steps away from the hot tub and maybe 20 feet from the Garden Bar. Hotel guests received complimentary well happy hour from 5-630p, which was awesome, you also get complimentary access the drag show across the street at 801 which is a sister property. The room i stayed was tiny for the price I paid, but honestly I only feel that way because it rained the entire time I was in Florida. John was very nice and the super hot day bartender Paul was both charming and friendly. I will definitely be staying at the property again upon my next return to EYW.

Room Tip: There is paid parking, it's very inexpensive. Just an fyi.. remember to return the door key, $2...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Lexington Ky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Stayed here 10 years ago. Not the best experience. However what a difference. Really enjoyed our stay this month. John went above and beyond making us welcome and comfortable. Super clean great renovated room. Wish we had made vacation plans to have stayed there for our entire stay.
Thanks for your hospitality!!!

Victor & Warren

• Stayed May 2013
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is our 3rd stay with New Orleans House in a year. Once again we had a great stay at this property. The friendly and accommodating staff just adds to the experience. This location is perfect access to everything along Duval. The pink triangle as they call is right outside your door and you have access to all the clubs. The garden bar is the best place to get to know locals and newcomers alike. Great property and another great stay- we will be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 26. Some have complained about the club noise from down below the rooms, but we h...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I took my BF to Key West for his Birthday and decided to stay at New Orleans House. The location is GREAT. Your near everything. The staff is very friendly and went out of their way to make sure he had a great Birthday. We got back to our room Sunday morning after going for a walk and there was a bottle of Champagne waiting. The room was VERY clean and towels Very fresh. There is plenty of parking and grounds are well maintained and clean. Thanks to New Orleans House and their Great Staff for making his Birthday Celebration such a Great time. :-)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Johnstown, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

I had went on vacation in Key West from April 5th-10th. The room was nice and clean. I only had one issue, so I went to the front desk, and they fixed the problem right away. That's excellent service. Very nice staff, and I was treated very well. This was my second stay there, and would recommend to other people. I plan on staying there again in the near future. The staff in the Bourbon Street Pub was very nice, and excellent service. Thank You, and made my vacation go great. I stayed in room 11A.

DAN

• Stayed April 2013
NewOrleansHouse, General Manager at New Orleans House, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you Dan for your kind words. I appreciate you taking the time to write your review.

I'm looking forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Neil Chamberlain
Guest House Manager

Been to New Orleans House? Share your experiences!