“Great view” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Hot Tin Roof is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 365 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Seafood, Spanish
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Front Street
Description: Hot Tin Roof features bright vibrant colors indicative of the overall style of the Ocean Key Resort & Spa. The restaurant's 3,000 square feet of dining features indoor seating for 60 and an outdoor deck overlooking Key West Harbor, accommodating up to 40 people. The restaurant's lounge, Stage Door, serves a unique selection of themed signature cocktails and is highlighted with a custom-designed mural by Key West artist Jeff Beal. "It's a melange of tastes and fragrances, combining traditional Florida foods with Latin, Caribbean and tropical influences. It's funky, fun, and fresh with a broad range of tastes and sensations. The restaurant features a relaxed elegance with dramatic water and sunset views.
Utah
“Great view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2010

We phoned in our reservation and left our phone number, but when we arrived there was no record. The band on the adjacent dock was quite loud, but we were seated at the most distant outside table and the noise level was fine there. Our server was very pleasant and responded helpfully to our questions. Our tuna, mahi mahi, mac and cheese, polenta fries, chocolate pate were all delicious. Several tables of us were taking lots of photos of the ships, the sunset, the party boats going by - it's a festive spot to be.

Boca Raton, Florida
“My girlfriend and I went for a sunset...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2010

My girlfriend and I went for a sunset dinner and could not have been more pleased. Her yellowfin tuna dinner was perfectly cooked and artfully prepared. I went with the Osso Buco which was amazing as well. Rather than do appetizers, we had the macaroni and cheese and corn side dishes which were almost the best part. Our waiter was extremely knowledgable and professional and the view is second to none. We'll be back again in the future.

little rock
“Beautiful and yummy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2010

Had dinner on the balcony the night of the Independence Day Bloody Battle in the
harbor. The pirate ships and coast guard "battle" was right in front of us. Not only did
we have this incredible show, but also the magnificent Key West sunset. The food was
wonderful, the service impeccable, and we just didn't want the evening to end. It was
a lovely place to spend our last night in Key West. Can't wait to go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
South Florida, Florida
“Joseph the Waiter”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2010

Ate there last night at the request of local hospitality insiders during a business trip. They picked it and you can count on them knowing where to go to make an impression. We were seated on the roof top patio and caught the tail end of the sunset. This would be the place to eat and watch the sun go down. Unfortunately, we were surrounded by two tables (one with six loud guests) and the other one with local musicians at a table of about 14 or more. The six top was the loudest group I have ever had to dine near and they pretty much ruined what would've been a very romantic dining experience if I were there with hubby (as others were). However, we were on a business trip and they were so loud that I couldn't even hear the other guests at my table. I would have been extremely disappointed if I were having a romantic dinner but I wasn't. There are some amazing private booths located inside but as I was told "you don't go to Key West to eat inside, especially during sunset". Regardless, the food was fantastic and I had the most amazing waiter ever - Joseph. I have never heard anyone describe food the way he did; his adjectives and descriptions were mesmerizing. I even had to call the manager (John) over so the table could express how impressed they were with our waiter regarding his professionalism and attentiveness (never ever did this before). After repeated compliments, Joseph advised that he was available for voice over work and he would definitely be the one to hire. In the end, the company was fun, the food was good and the service was the best.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Milwaukee, WI
“A Wonderful Way to End our Time in Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

We were fortunate enough to run into a Sales Coordinator for the Ocean Key while we were having a drink at the Chart Room. She suggested trying Hot Tin Roof, a restaurant we have never visited in our 9 trips to Key West. She also offered to make a reservation for us, ensuring that we would have a table on the patio to watch the sunset. This was an amazing experience, from start to finish. We started with Ceviche, which was delicious. For our entrees, we had the Mahi Mahi and the Tuna, both listed as award-winning dishes on the menu. Even though the portions were large, I was left wanting more-- the food was so delicious. As the sun set, and our server took a great photo of us and we had a slice of key lime pie. What really struck me was the price of our meal. For a place like this, I would have expected to pay so much more than every other place we had eaten while in KW. So not only a great meal, great view and great time... this was actually for us a great value as well! This was our last night in KW, and I am so glad that we saved the best for last. Do yourself a favor-- call ahead, get a sunset reservation and treat yourself to an amazing experience.