“Great Location, Two Rooms, Two Reviews” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Duval Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Duval Inn
You added The Duval Inn to your Saves list
511 Angela Street, Key West, FL 33040   |
Ranked #25 of 94 Key West B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“Great Location, Two Rooms, Two Reviews”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed at the Duval Inn in July. The weather in Key West was horrendous, so we were unable to enjoy happy hour each evening. But we did enjoy breakfast and pool one evening, which has a lovely garden feel. We had two couples / two rooms. The Lauren Room in the main house was fantastic with the exception of some minor repairs. It was large, lots of windows, comfortable 4 poster bed, etc. However, the Leaf Room in the outer building smelled wet (like mold) and was quite cramped. The location was top notch just steps away from Duval Street and all major attractions. Each island end was very close. Easy walk to The Southernmost Point to the left (10 Minutes walk) and the Sunset Celebration to the right (10 minutes walk). And all the way in between were shops, restaurants and bars. Staff was pleasant, i would stay here again.

Room Tip: Lauren Room in the Main House was fantastic.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Sarasota, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Traveled to Key West for the first time in July and I did some major research among tons on places mostly focusing on B&Bs and I was recommended to The Duval Inn by a friend so I went with it. On arrival it was somewhat late but the staff did show us around to our rooms and even let my friends upgrade to a bigger room even though it was around 730pm.
The next morning we enjoyed a nice breakfast and chat with Alex thankfully was very helpful on knowing where to go seeing as it was my first time there and also that nobody else in Key West had any good recommendations for food or anything. We didn't make it back to as many "happy hours" as i would have liked to because we were always doing things but the one we did make it to was a great time. It was nice meeting the other people that stayed in there and also the staff. They even allowed us to catch up since we got to happy hour late.
Location is great, it's far enough from all the noise but still close enough to walk everywhere on Duval St.
As for the rooms I would love to see in the near future to have a room or 2 that have 2 beds instead of just one and also a slight upgrade in the Seahorse room would be good, maybe to the likes of the dolphin room. Regardless, these minor things are nothing that would change my mind about the place being great.
I can't wait till i go back and possibly try out the Hibiscus and Key West rooms.

Thanks for an Amazing time!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: If you're choosing between the Dolphin and Seahorse room - choose the Dolphin room it's slig...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I hit a home run here. Was looking for a moderately priced B&B that was available and had received good reviews. Well, this is it! My expectations were exceeded in most every way. The rooms are clean, the pool is nice, but most of all, I was overwhelmed by the friendliness, helpfulness, and charm of the staff. I especially enjoyed the nightly Happy Hour from 5-6 pm. It is a great chance to meet and learn from other travellers. Roy, the bartender, is a class act and fun to hang out with. I would definitely stay here again, no complaints!

Bradenton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

THE best location 1 block off Duval Street in the center of town so was convenient to EVERYTHING! The Staff was superb . . . serving breakfast (gourmet treats), happy hour drinks at their tiki bar . . . relaxing music at the pool. The perfect place to stay... we will definately be back. The room was cheery and clean... with little chocolates to greet us. They have thought of everything. Hmmm... maybe I shouldn't brag on this place too much . . . I may not be able to get a room next time . . . .

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I made reservations in March 2012 for a stay in March 2013, received confirmation AND paid for the first night. Then I was called in May and told there was a "double-booking" and was no longer able to stay at the Duval Inn. I don't believe there ever was a "double-booking", I was told that a wedding party was there for the weekend and I think they wanted the whole place for themselves and we were kicked out. I am extremely disappointed how WE were the ones with the "double-booking". Then they tried to get us to stay "across the street". When I looked that place up, it was a time-share and looked terrible! We booked a B&B for a reason, not to be shoved into a time-share. I would NEVER recommend this B&B to anyone, or EVER try to stay there again.

Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Islamorada, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Although my husband and I live in the Florida Keys we always enjoy our trips to Key West. We especially enjoyed this trip to the Duval Inn where we found the nicest staff, cleanest room and great location. Happy hour was a plus and the bar was far more stocked than I have ever seen. Breakfast was great with a variety of items to start your day.

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

My wife and I visited Key West for a day (that was the plan) and after a few drinks and realizing we still had to drive back to Miami, decided to find a place to stay. The Duval Inn was suggested by a local, and they could not have picked a better place to stay. We call and get a room with a shared bathroom, and when we checked in, we were given an upgrade to a room with a full bath. Just happened to be happy hour there when we were checking in, and we enjoyed a few drinks made by the manager. Beautiful place to stay, great reading area outside and nice pool. We will definately stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Duval Inn? Share your experiences!