“Charming and delicious!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Sole is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #81 of 337 Restaurants in Key West
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Frances St.
Description: Cafe Sole has captured the hearts and palates of locals and visitors lucky enough to discover this culinary gem off the beaten path. By combining his French mastery of sauces with fresh locally caught seafood, John has created a menu unlike any on the island, where every dish is bursting with indescribable flavors. Mutton snapper in pesto and champagne, yellowtail in a beurre blanc of lobster or a rare hog snapper with red pepper zabaglione top a list of nightly specials. As for the classics, the Duck a L'Orange, Rack of Lamb with herb de Province and Lobster Bouillaise are as authentic as you will find this side of Paris. Chef Correa combines the best of both of his worlds, European and Caribbean to win the People's Choice and Best Entree awards at a recent Master Chefs Classic
Scarsdale, New York
“Charming and delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

The snapper was to die for! Such a lovely place and doted on by locals who know "where to go!" My first time there, but I will definitely return. So much more to sample from the menu!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Saint Augustine, Florida
“Great value, when you dine early”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

"Excellent food and attentive service. Tables are a bit crowded together, but not a real problem. Menu is pricey, but 50% off between 5 and 7 PM and all evening Sunday and Monday. Daily specials are excluded, but that discount makes it a very attractive deal. That's when to go. Try it."

Visited July 2014
Williamsburg, Virginia, United States
“Wow! Best fish I have ever eaten!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

This restaurant was recommended by our Bed & Breakfast hosts, and even more so as the restaurant was having a half price sale on all of their entrees (an occasional middle of the week special). I had the most amazing fish - hognose snapper which is their speciality. The fish literally melts in your mouth. The prices are a little high, but with the quality of food, I would return and pay full price next time I'm in Key West. It is a little out of the flow of the tourists and on a quiet side street, which made for a great time to relax and talk. Be sure to try their Key Lime Pie!

Visited July 2014
Annapolis, MD
“Will definitely go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

This was my first visit to Cafe Sole. I went here because of good TripAdvisor and Open Table reviews. We loved it.

If it were not for the fact that we also visited Santiago's Bodegas, this would have been the hit of our KW visit. Every course was delicious. They heavily promote their Hog Snapper. Virtually everyone around us were moved to indulge as was I. Wow! Usually I'm skeptical when the waiter pushes so hard, but this dish is melt in your mouth good. My wife ordered the duck.... And it was the best duck we have tasted since 2004 in St Maartens on the beach on the Dutch side. Great French restaurant. I had the lobster bisque as an appetizer (ok, just ok) and she had sagantaki (yes, that is how they spelled it) which was very good. We finished with the tasting of four of their signature desserts, and I must say, the taste of the key lime pie was just not enough. It was to die for.

Definitely give Cafe Sole a try. It is a nice, out of the way, romantic spot for a great, not break the bank dinner.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cantonment, Florida
“Really great the first time. Disappointing the second visit.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

My sister, a local, recommended we eat here many years ago. We go there every year for my birthday and I always order Salmon Oscar and my husband the Hogfish Snapper. Both meals were outstanding. Four days later we were raving to Richmond friends and invited them to join us for dinner. The Hogfish was excellent again, but the salmon was soggy/mushy and overcooked. This is the first time in 10 years that I have ever been disappointed in the Salmon Oscar. I did not complain as we were with friends. The prices for their entrees are very reasonable and the service is always excellent.

Visited June 2014