“Sophisticated Dining in a laid back atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Square One is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 360 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Square One
Transit: The Key West Bus Route stops one block away at The Gato Building next to the restaurant"s Simonton Street parking lot.
Description: The restaurant's New American cuisine features "chef driven" ethnic twists on classic recipes that combine innovative global flavors. the Square One team of chefs take many old world dishes and transforms them through luxury ingredients and contemporary gastronomy featuring significant creative use of seasonal produce, regional herbs, exotic spices, fresh colorful foods, interesting sauces and homemade condiments. An eclectic offering of fine boutique wines, craft beers and innovative cocktails complement the cuisine. Enjoy your Square One dining experience in their sophisticated, yet truly upbeat, Key West ambiance all while being expertly attended by professional, dedicated servers.Square One is open every evening for Dinner. FREE PARKING in our parking lot.
Burtonsville, Maryland
“Sophisticated Dining in a laid back atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Our first night in Key West, ever. We were a bit overwhelmed by Fantasy Fest and chose to sit inside, and by a window. We could see the costumed (or not)people going by and enjoy the quieter festivities inside. Michael was at the door to greet us a promised. Rob was our waiter and took excellent care of us. We enjoyed the roasted garlic appetizer, an excellent Caesar salad complete with anchovies, and then enjoyed the grouper special of the day and baby lamb chops. We had no room for the Key Lime pie, but it looked like we will want to taste it on a return trip.

• Visited October 2012

Florida
“Lovely Spot for a Quick Treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

If you can, sit on the porch and watch tourists and natives alike walk by on Duval Street. The open air inside is also totally charming.
Square One is located on the "quality" end of Duval and has a variety of tempting delights from desserts to daily specials for quick nibbles. Our big dog was welcomed on the porch and the lady behind the counter quickly brought him a bowl of water without asking.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Distinguished quite dinning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Michael the owner is always there to greet you.. Outside seating is avail but I prefer not to sweat during dinner..white tablecloths and candles are awaiting you. There's a piano and they always take requests.. Although the chairs and fabric are a little dated, everything else makes you forget about it..
I always get a sidecar to start the night off here. It's a tradition.. The night of our visit it was very slow but service and food remained remarkable..we were told by Michael that one of the tables were seated with people from NC.. And that several had been in that night..it was nice to talk with folks from back home..
Since therer were just two of us dining that night we had two drinks at the bar and ordered a hot crab appetizer. I had it my last visit and it was as good as I remember .. We asked it steak tartar could be served. Michael said no problem.. It was excellent..I ordered the surf n turf..it was made into oscar at my request. Again a great meal.
But when I got my check I was floored at the price of my meal. I should have asked but I was on a bday wing and was willing to spend a little more. But not $75.. I graciously questioned the waitress the high price. Michael did take $10 off the entree.
This is a must go for great service and food. But be prepared to shell out a few dollars..

Winter Haven, Fl, Usa
“A Golden Spoon Restaurant in Key West”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Right up front let me say that my brother and his wife are good friends with Michael Stewart, owner of the Square One Restaurant. I had called my brother and told him that my wife and I would like to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary in Key West. Arrangements were made for a private dining area at the Square One. Upon our arrival Michael was our host and seemed genuinely pleased that we chose to celebrate our anniversary at his restaurant. The ambiance in this restaurant is truly great. I cannot say enough good things about our waiter and his impeccable service. I was very pleased with my food and didn't hear any complaints from others in our party. The wine we drank, and other mix drinks, were all excellent. After dinner we all went into the lounge area for cocktails and I got to play the baby grand piano. Whenever I talk to people and find that they are going to Key West I never hesitate to recommend this restaurant. As far as food prices are concerned.....my little bubba paid for everything, however, let me say that when you have a host that greets you at the door with a smile and a kind word, a waiter that gives great service and delivers hot and tasty food to the table plus a wonderful atmosphere, you can always count on higher prices. I would say for value received that the prices are very fair and not out of line.

• Visited March 2012
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
“This place GETS IT! Customer service was great.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

We are coming to the end of our honeymoon, and today, Deb from Fury recommended we come to Square One. I admit, we went somewhere else first (big mistake and I was seated in a PUDDLE of water under an air conditioner with no apology) but when we finally made it to Square One for our big dinner out, it was everything that Deb and Trip Advisor had promised. Yes, the food is higher priced, but the service is remarkable. We laughed for hours about how we were greeted with smiles and towels because it had just barely started to rain- after we left the previous place with my rear end soaked and not so much as a napkin. The food was good, you won't be disapointed by your great big glass of wine, or your great big piece of key lime pie. The live piano music just topped off the experience. This place had the kind of friendly atmosphere that made us feel comfortable with just enough sparkle to make us feel like we were having a special dinner out.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere