“Little Hidden Gem” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #47 of 337 Restaurants in Key West
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Delivery, Late Night, Takeout
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Little Hidden Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Very good, casual, simple Cuban food. Pretty quick service, booths and diner bar seating, right price, and feels like it could be your own family's kitchen.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Clark Mills, New York
“Great cuban mix sandwich”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

This is great restaurant out of the 'touristy' area, a bit of a walk but well worth it. We went a little early to avoid the dinner crowd, we were seated right away and our food was served very quickly. The portions were large and relatively inexpensive, my husband and I enjoyed our meals very much, as well as the sangria, and would definitely return.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A little disappointed:(....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Just got down to the keys last night. Dreamed of eating at el Siboney since our last trip to the keys 5 years ago. Back then we ate there at the recommendation of some local Key West friends and we loved it so much we ate there 3 times in 1 week. Everything we ate was spot on - seasoned, cooked and served right. But tonight? What can I say? It began with a conch soup that was done well, but the garlic shrimp were rubbery and didn't seem fresh to me. The saffron rice was a little undercooked. My husband's grilled snapper was dry. My friend's chicken breast was dry as well. To top off the evening my husbands cuban coffee was almost cold when it came. Not to mention that there were four of us seated, but only two of us were given silverware. That would seem like a small on its own, but put it all together and there were too many inconsistencies. Not sure if I will eat there again. I considered not writing this review because I wonder if this was just an off night and I don't mean to damage a good reputation. I checked ALL of the reviews in the past 2-3 months to see if this is a pattern. I can hardly find a negative review, however there are a few of them. Most say something similar to what we experienced. Maybe a chef was out sick and the replacement wasn't on his game? I would like to think that's what it is, but if the owners read this they need to take notice. Our meal was eaten on Monday, 1/27/14 appx 6:30 pm. We hate to see a family heritage go downhill.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Berryville, Virginia
“Best Cuban Lunch ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

We both had the #1, Pork with beans, rice and plantains. A very generous portion and excellent quality and flavor. We are definitely going back. I had the soup of the day and an espresso, both were very good. Busy place, so don't be in a hurry, but take the time to enjoy great food.

Visited January 2014
Carrollton, Georgia
“Good Cuban food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

We been too several Cuban restaurant in Florida, this is our favorite place. Awesome Boliche and pork tamale. Need a little work on service.

Visited January 2014