“funky but good!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
California
“funky but good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

This place is a little out of the way, but the food was good (had blackened hog fish) and there's lots of history.

Visited September 2013

82% Recommend
Leesburg, Florida
“breakfast!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We usually have lunch at Pepes. This visit we had breakfast, I ordered the short stack of pancakes and could not finish them, but I really wanted to save room for key lime pie. I have had key lime pie in many places in key west, but Pepes has the best! I spoke to Shelly about how she makes it. A bit different! But thats why it tastes so good. Service was excellent as always. We will be back! Love that pie!

Visited September 2013
“Awsome breakfast burrito special”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Was a little bit of a longer wait for bruch... Partly our own fault for waiting so long to get moving and arriving right when everone else was lookin for good eats... We waited it out and were sooo happy we did. Waitress was very happy to get us seated by the bar to wait for a table... She was very helpful and had a wonderful attitude. Had a very good bloody mary during the wait... Breakfast burrito was the special, couldnt have been more pleased. Wife had the french toast which included huge berries on top... Great spot! Cant wait to visit them again during our next trip to key west.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hampton, New Hampshire
“It is all right.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Stopped in again for lunch and the place made me think of how some establishments live on the myths and the history connected to a place. Pepe's isn't bad but I'm afraid the reviews go a little overboard. For example, the home fries are always a little greasy. Any time I go in, I feel like I stick to the table or the bottles of condiments sitting on the little shelves above each booth table inside. And has anyone in management ever thought to clean in the rafters above the tables? Man, the place is supposed to date from 1909, and it makes me only wonder what the kitchen must look like. Probably okay but the main dining area could be spruced up a little. The food is very good and I have no trouble with the amount or quality. The place just needs a good cleaning.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Coconut Creek, Fl.
“Yum! Best breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Had the breakfast specials, can't go wrong. Great coffee and bloody marys. Will definitely return. Had the omelette special. Hubby had French toast w fresh berries and granola- both were fantastic.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere