“Lovely” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #85 of 356 restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: Caribbean, Continental, Contemporary, Eclectic
“Lovely”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Love the outdoor seating, a little pricy but everything tasted great.
Drinks were strong and the seafood was freash.

Visited May 2012

77% Recommend
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

My family and I went to Mangoes on one of the "coldest" nights in Key West since 1978 on March 26, 2013. Since it was in the 50's we ended up eating inside. Right away, we were happily greeted by Dan. Dan made the night so enjoyable, he was extremely personable, knowledgable about the menu and joked around with my family. I always say when you have an amazing server it greatly improves your dining experience.

I am very much a foodie and heard that Mangoes had great dishes and it was very true! Dan told us he made the sangria and it was the best, well he wasn't lying, we got a pitcher and devoured it!!! Dan, you really do make the best sangria!!! My father and I started with the conch spring rolls, which were delicious, they were filled with tender conch and the hints of spice and mangoes was a great compliment to the conch. My brother is a fan of wedge salads, so he started with Mangoes wedge salad and he said it was the best wedge salad he has ever had. I split my meal (the pork chop) with my mom which was plenty for the both of us, the cuban coffee crust was amazing and one of the best pork chops I have had. My father got the special snapper w/ a wine and caper sauce and he said the fish was moist and delicious. My brother got the lemon herb chicken which he said was delicious also, it was so large he couldn't even finish it. The manager made her way over to our table to ask how everything was going and of course we were beyond pleased with Dan and our meals, she even surprised us at the end with a key lime pie to share because she wanted to make sure we didn't leave Key West without eating "the best key lime pie" on the island!! And, it was very good!!

Overall, if I return to Key West I will definitely be coming back to Mangoes and I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone! Don't forget to ask for Dan!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Greenville, South Carolina
“A decent place for lunch right on Duval”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

We missed the ferry to Sunset Key to eat at Latitudes and thus wandered down Duval to find a suitable place for lunch that wasn't noisy but offered great people-watching and some shade. We walked several blocks before spotting Mangoe's outdoor seating under large trees. The gazpacho was tasty and conch/squid ceviche was more than the two of us could eat. My mango chopped salad with chopped shrimp was freshly prepared and my husband gave a thumbs up on his snapper sandwich.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Columbia, Maryland
“Nice Dining Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Saw this place while we were walking Duval Street and what got my wife's attention was the number of tables outside. As others have said it's great for people watching.

The entree selections run the gamut from vegetarian to seafood. No matter what your preference is you should be able to find something to your liking. Drinks were good and not lacking of the spirits.

I had the Yellowtail Snapper and was completely satisfied with the portion I received...the pineapple salsa made the dish for me. My wife opted for the Baby Iceberg Salad and was not able to finish it...it was that big.

We were completely satisfied with the service we received...from the hostess to the waiter. The prices are comparable to other restaurants on Duval.

I'd recommend Mangoes for a nice lunch or dinner. A plus is that there is not loud music blaring where you can't carry-on a conversation. Worth a stop on your visit to Key West.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great appetizers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

The appetizers looked so yummy that we just ordered all apps for dinner. Highly recommend the panko crusted tuna and the gazpacho.

Visited April 2013