“Under par” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bagatelle is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #93 of 367 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, International
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Greene Street
Description: A visit to our house is a unique way to relax and enjoy life's simple pleasures as well as our treasures from the sea. The word Bagatelle comes from the French and means "a trifle or a little nothing", often referring to a light, fun, yet not too serious spring time romance. The French brought their history of fine cuisine and their love of wine to the Caribbean Islands. It is in this tradition that we have combined our French heritage, southern hospitality and the indigenous tastes of the Florida Keys into the meals we prepare today. Our chefs blend the best of our locally caught fresh seafood, fresh produce and delicious tropical fruits for our tropical seafood dishes.
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Under par”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2014 NEW

Beautiful spot, we dined on the porch upstairs over looking Duval. You can't beat the atmosphere! BUT I was very disappointed by the lack of good service and food. I had the tenderloin Benedict and my husband had the crab cake Benedict. Both would have been excellent had they been properly cooked and served at the proper temp. When they arrived, they were cold and the poached eggs were way over cooked. Very disappointing, this place has a ton of potential, but the service isn't there.

“Best breakfast in Key West!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2014 NEW

The best breakfast in Key West. I had the crab cake benedict and my wife had the lobster omelet. Delicious!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wake Forest, North Carolina
“Pleasant Oasis in Key West”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2014 NEW

We stopped by here for lunch recently while visiting Key West. The food was good and the atmosphere was very relaxing. We were on the second floor dining- great view of the pleasant chaos below on Duval St. This is a good spot to catch your breath and take a break from the usual activities in downtown Key West. I would go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Pretty good, pretty expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2014

The food came out very gourmet looking and the atmosphere was pleasant, we sat on the porch overlooking Duval. And we got there like 15 minutes before close and they were gracious enough to seat us and we didn't have to wait long at all for our food. I just think the price was a bit much, like $36 for the hogfish, which is what we were told to get by a local to the keys. We got hogfish at another place leaving the keys in Marathon (Castaway) and not only was it around $11 cheaper, it came with a lot more food including the best Ceasars salad I've ever tasted. Don't know if because of the venue, they have to charge that much more or if it's because it's gourmet or what...but Castaway won our hearts over here.

Portsmouth
“Upscale, classy Key West”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2014

Bagatelle was one of the highlights of our recent week in Key West! I ended up dining there for lunch, dinner, and appetizers / dessert, so basically three meals during my 6 day stay.

We were looking for upscale food and a good atmosphere for tipping back several cocktails, and this restaurant hit the mark in every regard.

First, let me say the food was great. My personal highlight was the Hogfish, PERFECTLY cooked and seasoned. We tried the shrimp, tuna, and mussels appetizers, which were all fantastic. The cheesecake was solid, but the REAL dessert treat was the tiramisu!! You will want to eat a pan-full of their tiramisu, thankfully the serving size is healthy!

A big reason I kept going back was the location, the service, and also the general vibe of the place. It is located right near the northern end of Duval street, which is a proper place for starting, ending, or having a lay over during a good pub crawl. The dining rooms were dressed up for the holidays with a Christmas tree, ornaments, and lights. The rest of the décor was a mix of classic Key West black and white photos (downstairs), and elegant paintings of tropical birds and other tropical settings (upstairs). Its casual fine dining, and while I didn't feel out of place stopping by in my swim trunks at lunch, I also felt perfectly suited in my leather shoes and dressed up a little more the following evening.

Having a chance to speak with the new owner was also special, as he was making rounds to see if everything was going well. His name is Damian, and he was beyond gracious to our party.

THANK YOU BAGATELLE!