“Great breakfast specials” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
“Great breakfast specials”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

I heard about the klp from a local, so I took my husband here for breakfast. Walking by the back of it, you don't see the splendor of the place. But you walk in to this jungle and get seated in the shade of this tropical fun restaurant. Our waiter was very personable. My husband and I got the specials, lobster omelet and lobster Blt breakfasts. Delicious!!! The klp was five inches tall and very refreshing. Unique spot, I want to come back for dinner on our next trip, I hear the chef is excellent!

Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent food and eclectic ambiance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Expensive but excellent food. $128 without tip for three. Chickens run around and the live folk music is great. Jerk chicken, filet, scallops, and snapper we've tried on two visits, always great.

Visited August 2013
Port Huron, Michigan
“We came back again and again! You have to go here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This is truly a Key West quintessential restaurant. It's tucked away off the street but you will know it by the taxis lining up to drop people off. It is always packed. We went there three different times but only had time to stay and wait for a table once. We waited for an hour and a half due to rain (which wiped out the outside tables) but it was worth it. We sat at the bar, protected by the bar roofing) and watched Pete run crazy trying to get everyone a drink. Luckily, everyone is happy and enjoying the music and environment. We were seated and ordered the Trip Advisor recommended dish-lobster benedict. YOU HAVE TO ORDER THIS! It is delicious. I dream about this meal. One of my favorite meals of all times. No more needs to be said. The service was good and the place is memorable.

Boone, North Carolina
“Favorite.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This restaurant might just be my favorite ever. I am a breakfast fanatic, and you can't beat Blue Heaven's lobster omelet. There is probably a whole lobster tail stuffed in that sucker. I love how eclectic the feel of the restaurant is- eating outside is fantastic, and they do a really good job of cooling you down from the Key West heat with lots of fans placed throughout the area and big sails strung between the trees to provide shade. The homemade bread is also to die for. Also love the spicy bloody mary's and the key lime pie. This was our second time visiting Blue Heaven and it was just as good as I remembered it from last year. Service was great, food was great, I loved it all. The bartender was really sweet also- I had never tried a Spanish Lime before and she hunted me down one so I could try it.
Thanks!

Wichita, Kansas
“Eating outside comfortably”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

During my visit, we were curious to where to have breakfast, and a waiter from a totally different restaurant recommended to check out Blue Heaven. Set outside without a very tropical feel with all the trees surrounding us, and amused of all the chickens that walk around (just visit and you will see what I'm talking about with the chickens). The food was great and very courteous service. They do have seafood mixed with breakfast for those who love all things seafood (omelet with lobster meat), but do have the regular breakfast items like pancakes and eggs, etc... The key lime pie is a must to get though when stopping to eat here. I would recommend this a stop if you are wondering a good place for brunch

• Visited July 2013