“Great Island Atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 337 Restaurants in Key West
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, United States
“Great Island Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

My wife and I had a one night stay in Key West, we visited a friend and he recommended Blue Heaven. We went there and I had the Yellow Snapper, it was amazing! The atmosphere set a great island mood, it was open air and a beautiful February evening. I would strongly recommend this venue. Food was great and atmosphere was amazing.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Newark, Delaware
“Great food and entertainment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Went there for lunch on the recommendation of a couple we met. Food was delicious, lots of chickens and roosters to entertain us since we were too early for the stage entertainment.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Good breakfast with unique atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Having just arrived into Key West from Edinburgh, Scotland breakfast was a priority. Blue Heaven came recommended. I couldn't yet face any of the wide selections of Benedict but my friend had the BLT (bacon, lobster, tomato) one which looked beautiful. I would have enjoyed a good cup of tea 'though. The water really does need to be boiling.

Atmosphere was very relaxed. Chickens with three little chicks ran around us without causing any problem. Service was friendly and speedy.

A good way to start our trip to Key West.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
south florida
“Nice lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

My hubby & I had been once before, but decided to bring some family who were visiting to have lunch at the Blue Heaven. The location is quirky & cute, with roosters & cats running around under the beautiful tree-canopied patio area. Our server was an adorable girl, who I believe was German. I don't remember her name, but much friendlier than the hostess that seats you.

I ordered the chicken salad on arugula with cornbread, and it was delicious! My hubby had the lobster platter special, one couple both had the shrimp platters and the other had the burgers. Everyone enjoyed their meals. The special platters were a bit pricey for a lunch meal, but they tasted great. The salad & burgers were both reasonably priced.

Cool place on a hot day!

Visited February 2013
“Excellent service, great atmosphere and lovely food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

A lovely, lively atmosphere in this restaurant's outdoor and under cover eating area (indoor seating is available too). The Caribbean themed menu offers lots of choices - the Jerk Chicken was excellent. Be sure to book in advance and turn up on time - or risk waiting longer for your table...!

• 4 of 5 stars Food