“Italian Fine Dining” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Antonia's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #78 of 355 restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Between Angela and Southard
Description: Antonia’s Restaurant, located in the heart of Old Town Key West has been delighting the palates of locals and visitors for over 33 years. The menu at Antonia’s Restaurant offers an array of the freshest local seafood dishes and a variety of traditional meat dishes made from the freshest ingredients prepared daily by our Classically Northern Italian trained chefs. Feeling that dining is an experience to be savored, no culinary experience is complete without wine. In addition to an extensive wine list, full bar is also available.
Columbus, New Jersey
“Italian Fine Dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Excellent Italian food and drink in a beautiful dining room setting with gracious greeters and attentive friendly servers located in the heart of Duval Street

83% Recommend
Truckee, California
“Great meal as always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

The owner Christopher and crew always rock it. I always sit at the bar with Chas, great service, great listener!!
Calamari delicious, Carpaccio yes, Antipasto great, Filet cooked perfectly.

Salisbury, Maryland, US
“From Excitement to Disappointment in 30 Minutes”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We chose Antonia's over La Trattoria since A.) we've eaten at La Trat before and B.) a recommendation friend a local Key West friend.

We were seated immediately upon arrival, dark, nice ambiance. Being Italian, I appreciated that.

Our server, Molly came over to take our drink order and followed up with our app/entrée order. After that, the only thing she did right was ensure the entrée was fired when we finished the app. She never showed up till the end but I'll talk about that later.

For an appetizer, we ordered the Antipasto Italiano "A variety of Italian cured meats, imported cheeses, pickled vegetables and olives" and it arrived with 6 slices of meat, no cheese, one piece of pickled cauliflower, some onions I think, three hot peppers and three olives. We decided not to let this bother us as it was our anniversary and didn't want to ruin it...yet.

Then our entrees, my wife had the Petto di Pollo alla Valdaostana, "breast of chicken stuffed with Prosciutto, Fontina cheese and asparagus, pan-seared and served with a Marsala wine and veal glace reduction, roasted potato and vegetables". I had the Ossobuco di Agnello, "Lamb shank braised with vegetables and red wine, served over potato puree with gremolata".

A runner brought the meal out to us and it appeared delicious...but let me continue.

My wife had stopped eating after a few pieces and it appeared as though she was doing an autopsy on the chicken, to see if she missed something, I stopped eating to watch. She said the chicken was tender but it was stuffed with some kind of cheese, maybe Fontina, no prosciutto, no asparagus, minimal vegetables, including some green beans (maybe the chef thought they were asparagus?). My lamb was tough but a managed to eat a bit. On the other hand my wife barely ate her meal.

So now Molly finally shows up and asks how everything is (20 minutes after it arrived) at which point we described everything that was prepared improperly or missing all together. She did apologize, take our plates and bring us our check. NO WAY, I called over the hostess and explained the situation and she genuinely apologized and said she would find out what she could do after speaking with the Chef/Owner, who we had seen earlier roaming around the restaurant.
I could see her talking to the Chef/Owner, with a lot of pointing and when she returned with the check, she said the best he (the owner) could offer was to take off the appetizer which amounted to around 10%. Since Molly was out of the picture, my wife pissed that they ruined our anniversary meal, tossed the wine cork aside and we left.

The Chef/Owner should have at the very least come over to the table, apologize especially since it was not about taste but his apparent inability to cook and prepare food correctly and remove my wife's order and the appetizer off the check, perhaps make amends but apparently he does not have the cajones to do such a thing. He must think he is perfect and never makes a mistake and could care less about tourists.

So, I'll be sure to post this here and every other site, warning people of this poor imitation of an Italian Restaurant.

May 22nd, 2013

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Livermore, California
“Very disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I did quite a lot of research on restaurants before we traveled and choose Antonias. I had some doubt so I asked the hotel and they said you would not be disappointed. Well we were! We were rushed and food had no flavor. When the salads came out and they were on the soggy side I knew we were in trouble. We barely got done with the salads and our entree was at the table. Our server was okay. Not very mush advice on what to order. A large party come in when we were finishing up and we figure they were rushing us to accomendate them as they all seem to know each other. Even the chef. I would not go back or recommend this restaurant.

Wildwood, NJ
“WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I've been traveling to Key West at a minimum of twice a year for the last 10 years.......HOW HAVE I MISSED THIS RESTAURANT!?!? It was one of the most excellent italian meals I have ever had in Key West. Definately worth it!

Visited April 2013