“Delicious meals in a nice restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #73 of 337 Restaurants in Key West
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, International, Asian, Pacific Rim
Good for: Doing business, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Paris, France
“Delicious meals in a nice restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

We really enjoyed the dinner we had here. Elegant restaurant, high level service and a large choice of plates. We eat the lobster and schrimp entrée and it was delicious. Wines at the glass were also well selected on the card. The best restaurant of our 3 weeks trip in the US.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

West Palm Beach, Florida
“Nice Quiet Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

The restaurant is small and quiet. The waiters were very attentive. My husband had the Cauliflower Bisque and the Lobster/Shrimp dish, I had the Pork Tenderloin. The only thing that we can criticize is that the sauces overpowered flavor of the dish. Other than that we had a nice dinner Key West that didn't involve a fried fish!

Visited August 2014
Houston, Texas
“Good not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

I had fish and my wife scallops. The fish was good scallops were not our cup of tea. Clean older building like everything else in KW. Service was very good. But the big city prices didn't match food quality. But they do try very hard.

Visited August 2014
Fort Lauderdale
“You'll Be Hard Pressed to Find Better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I suppose there are better restaurants in the world, but, quite seriously, I've failed to find one. I always make time and save a little money to eat here whenever I'm in Key West. It's a little expensive (but just a little over the average Key West dinner) but it is certainly worth it. The Cafe Marquesa is part of the Hotel Marquesa, one of the nicer boutique hotels on the island. It's pretty much in walking distance from any place in Old Town Key West.

Since I was going solo, I told the reservationist that I would be happy to sit at the bar and when i checked in, I was offered seating at a table or at the bar. When I said the bar, they had already set a place for me. Jason, the bartender, took excellent care of me. He suggested a 2012 Pouilly Fuisee to go with his recommendation of the snapper with rainbow carrots, haricots verts, sun dried tomatoes, and fennel. One wonderful addition (I notice these every time I eat there) were dumplings with pear inside. Every portion of the dish complimented the other.

Although the place looks fancy and like you have to dress up, this IS Key West and shorts are acceptable. Reservations are recommended for the busier times of the year, but I probably would have been seated without any trouble as a walk-in for August.

Over the years, I've eaten here many times and it has never failed to be outstanding. I keep going back to the best (1) lamb chops (2) scallops (3) snapper (4) you fill in the blank. Every meal is exceptional.

The staff are very efficient and are ready with recommendations of the fresh catch of the day and then explanations of the courses as they bring them out.

For desert, I had a martini, straight up with a twist. Jason did a great job and it was a perfect end to a perfect meal. If you have never dined here, you are in for a real treat.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto, Canada
“Foodie Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Outstanding service, exquisite menu, tucked away location, warm decor starts this review. The chef has been here for some 17 years and knows how to bring out the best in vegetables, fish and yes dessert. There was even a smaller portion menu which is much appreciated by those of us on holidays. The wine list is extensive. Key lime describes a dessert not pie. Apparently it is an award winning dessert It contains wafers, berries, a key lime custard. Services was very gracious and helpful. A bottle of wine plus two of us ordering off the smaller portion menu — shrimp, calamari, soup, grouper, dessert, espresso —- came to $130 before tip.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere