“Great Key West Splurge” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Detroit Metro Area
“Great Key West Splurge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

If you're going to splurge on a meal in a town where that is already easy, at least make it a fine-dining experience. Made reservations for a great meal in Key West, and Marquesa lived up to its reputation. Small, great ambiance, you can tell its special the moment you walk in the door. Everything from homemade hummus to the desert were delicious. We also shared the pot sticker appetizer, as we were starving when we got there. I had the hogfish wrapped in filo, gorgeous, beautiful, tasty. Husband had the scallops. We managed to share the chai tea creme brule, but couldn't quite finish it. All that and a bottle of wine made for a very expensive dinner (about $175 before tip), but worth it. Another reviewer was correct I think, in saying if they had one criticism it would be that they had too much. Usually fine dining portions are very small, and I couldn't clear my plate of every last, delicious bite. Outstanding! I would highly recommend Cafe Marquesa!

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Exciting and Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

This buzzy restaurant has it all going on. It is hectically busy and noisy but the service is superb. The food is excellent and the wine list very good. Easy to recommend because it's so good.

London, United Kingdom
“Marquesa Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Reservation essential at this popular restaurant housed in the beautifully restored Marquesa Hotel. A buzzing dining room, modern menu, great cocktails and wine list. If I had a criticism it would be the food was served in such vast quantity I couldn't fit in a dessert. Excellent service and highly recommended.

Put in Bay, Ohio
“A favorite Key West restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I can't say enough about Marquesa. The food is outstanding, the wine list is awesome and the service is great. It is fine dining, so you can expect it to be pricey. I would definitely recommend visiting when you are in Key West. It is wonderful for special occasions too. We went for a friend's birthday and they brought his dessert with a cute sparkler on it. It was classy, but made him feel special. They do not have outdoor seating, so it lacks the view that some of the other restaurants have, but the food makes up for it. The scallops and filet are two of our favorite dishes.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Two words: Duck Slider”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

The duck slider appetizer was far and away one of the best things I've ever eaten in a restaurant. I could go on about the room (pretty) and the atmosphere (quiet, an older crowd) but none of that matters because I'd eat their duck slider in an abandoned alley if it was an option. My husband and I just got back from a long vacation where we ate many awesome meals, but we keep coming back to reminiscing about Cafe Marquesa. The scallop and risotto entree was also beyond amazing. It was expensive for what it was, but that seems to be the case with everything in Key West.