“Diamond in the ruff. Great experience.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Eclectic, Bistro, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
New Englander
“Diamond in the ruff. Great experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I found this place on the verge of tears in the midst of an unfortunate experience with an adventure sailing charter company. Basically I had just dumped $1,595 into the gulf of Mexico. One of those really, really expensive life lessons. Anyway, did I mention the margaritas at this place really helped save the day here!? I was able to savor the second one, and boy, was it spectacular. Anyway, although my appetite was mostly toast, the rest of the fam needed fuel and this was the first place we encountered that seemed to accommodate both fish lovers and haters. They all had the house burger and fries- which was cooked perfectly to everyone's unique preference. I was also fortunate that they had ceviche as a special- which turned out to be the best ceviche I've had dining out. Highly recommended.

• Visited January 2014

Destin, Florida
“Great Food, Great Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

This place is a new favorite. We walked in late and they said they'd keep the kitchen open. I appreciated them caring enough to get some quick orders in before they closed the kitchen. The food was excellent. Even the beet salad was great. Usually when you order a salad they give you a head of lettuce with a little dressing. This was more about the beet than the lettuce. The flatbreads were good and the cheese place was excellent. The service was perfect. The atmosphere is something I would expect in LA or NYC. It's not stuffy but you will find people there really enjoying their food and drink instead of power drinking. It's a great find and I highly recommend it. Someone else said it was pricey but in Key West, that's not at all pricy. For that quality of food I felt like it was a great value.

• Visited May 2014
Tampa, Florida
“Best Food in Key West”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

We loved this restaurant and thought it had the best food in Key West! The atmosphere is great, we sat outside with our grand sons! It wasn't overly busy inside, which was a shame, but it's not on the Main Street, not far off it though. We definitely had the best food we'd had on our whole trip. I would recommend it go anyone traveling to this wonderful city. Not sure why it wasn't busier, but again I would say maybe the location! But I would highly recommend walking past all the busy, touristy restaurants along Duvall Street and find Solo! You will not regret it!

• Visited March 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Went for appetizers”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

There were only two people sitting at the bar when we came in... And had to wait almost 10 mins to sit. This place had decent food but kinda pricey. We shared crab cake sliders and conch fritters.

Visited April 2014
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Change of pace food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

American Bistro food. Did not like that they had FOI GRASS, however, their seafood salad as a appetizer and their seafood flatbread (pizza) was great. The other thing we tried was the Short Ribs which fell of the bone. Service was a little slow, but still fun to go after dark!

Visited April 2014