“Cosmopolitan decor in the Keys” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Fusion, Bistro, Eclectic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Colorado
“Cosmopolitan decor in the Keys”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Lovely accommodating hostess Mary Kay made us welcome on the phone and again upon our arrival. We chose the patio ,as it was a sunny warm night. Our capable server Samantha was knowledgeable and helpful when it came to choosing our dinners. Menu is interesting enough. The drinks were good size and the wine was a generous pour. I wasn't sure which wine I wanted, and Samantha suggested I taste both. Nice!
One minor complaint is the appetizer took too long to come out of the kitchen. I like to have a little time to enjoy my cocktail, but this was beyond reasonable. The restaurant wasn't particularly busy and I felt we waited too long for appetizers. This wouldn't keep me from going back by any means. This little spot is definitely on my Key West radar.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Alexandria, Virginia
“New, Good restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Key West needed a new tasty restaurant, and it now has one with Solo. Great wait service, good food.

Visited March 2013
South Florida, Florida
“The secrets out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Fantastic food! Attentive and experienced wait staff--Samantha!Delicious, excellently prepared and worthy of comparable dining in Chicago! I'd like to keep this place a secret, but I want to give high praise for a memorable dining experience. I hope you enjoy Solo as much as we did.

Visited March 2013
Key West, Florida
“You're not solo at Solo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Our first impression of Solo was not good - decibel level = shout to be heard. We complained to the waiter who expressed concern, but we did not expect action. Then the manager and DJ came to our table, told us they hoped we enjoy our meal and turned down the music. After that - the food is supurb at nominal price for Key West. The signature dish is the Short Ribs over Ravioli - it is excellent (and for $28 with a veggie is a bargain). We're locals - an we will go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Key West, Florida, United States
“An unexpected turn!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We called 30 min before and they took us right in!! We had a party of four and were welcomed by a lovely hostess ! She let us choose a booth style table and told us to have a wonderful signature cocktail they created ! We looked at menu and the 4 of us thought maybe just a appetizer , the menu did not read well? Our sever Samantha came over and explained the details of the menu , she sold us on everything !!! Her descriptions were mouthwatering! We ordered appetizers and all of us had an entree! The food was over the top!!! We really loved the vibe there , everyone working there was smiling! I would highly recommend this restaurant ! And Samantha gave us great service !

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere