“Seriously disappointing” 1 of 5 stars

7009 Shrimp Road, Key West, FL 33040
+1 305-453-6070
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Adventure Watersport Charters, specializes in daily and overnight liveaboard scuba diving, spear fishing and deep sea fishing charters from Key West to the Marquesas Keys, Dry Tortugas National Park and all points in between at land or sea. So whether you're an avid fisherman looking for the ultimate overnight fishing trip adventure, a SCUBA diver wanting to exploring the exotic underwater world of the Keys reefs & wrecks, or a family looking for a serene peaceful & leisurely way of reuniting your family from the hectic fast track of life, Adventure Watersport Charters is your ultimate destination where adventure exceeds imagination.
Indiana, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Seriously disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I contacted this company well before my recent, week-long trip to Key West. Once in Key West I was informed that for the first several days, no trips would be commencing due to the "extreme winds." Once the winds died down, I was informed that no trips would be commencing due to "boat issues." When I expressed disappointment the costumer service individual proceeded to yell at me about safey concerns, etc. without my being able to get a word in edge-wise.

For the record, I did find a dive service in Key West and had four excellent dives that included the reef and several of the wrecks. I would not recommend this company if you are interested in diving.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Marty15701
KarrieFLKeys, Public Relations Manager at Adventure Watersport Charters, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Hi Marty,

I'm very sorry to hear you were disappointed at not being able to go out with us during your visit. We pride ourselves on the unique nature of our charter out to the Dry Tortugas, part of the appeal for which is enjoying the beauty of mother nature. However, along with that beauty comes an unpredictable nature and considerable hazards for those of us who do not respect her power. It's unfortunate that the weather did not cooperate with us that week you were here, but our first and foremost concern is our guests safety, and ensuring that, beyond a shadow of a doubt, you will have nothing short of a fantastic time with us.

With the seas swelling as they were that far offshore, the dangers of attempting such a trip would have made for an irresponsible decision on our part. We would much rather cancel a trip than put anyone in harm's way. I understand how exciting it is to plan for an adventure like that, and the disappointment when it doesn't work out. We love what we do and love nothing more than to bring joy to others by sharing it with them. I hope you understand that our decision was indeed made from the most genuine of intentions. Best wishes in your future travels.