“We Love Juan and Lucy's” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #149 of 381 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: Cuban
Key West, Florida
“We Love Juan and Lucy's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We're big fans and friends of Havana 1 and last night had dinner at Juan Loves Lucy. Juan and Lucy own Havana 1 and Juan Loves Lucy. The restaurant is tucked away in an alley with seating outside. I've traveled extensively globally but never to Cuba. This restaurant based on pictures and films I've seen, is how I think a cute little Cuban restaurant would look and feel. Lucy is great, the wait staff is very friendly and the food is wonderful. This is Cuban food and I've seen reviews that seem to expect the food to taste....like some food they know. Maybe Mexican food. Expect Good basic Cuban food. It's fresh, the grouper was really good and I could eat Cuban bread with their home made sauces every day. The prices are also reasonable which is not always the case in Key West.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Saint Louis, Missouri
“"Juan Loves Lucy" is Key West's best kept secret!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Where do I begin? Well, it was our last day in Key West and I was craving fried plantains. I had asked around about where to go and two different people told me about this hidden gem. When I got there and saw the menu, much to my pleasant suprise,even though this is mainly a Cuban seafood restaurant, they had several different vegetarian sides available. Being a vegetarian myself, I know that it can be difficult if not impossible to fing vegetarian options in Key West so I thought I'd give it a try.When I walked in I was greeted by Jackie who was full of welcome,smiles, energy, and kindness. I ordered the black bean soup, yellow rice, and friend (sweet)plantains. WOW!!!! It was soooooDELICIOUS and reasonably priced!!!!!! My only regret is that I did not eat there until my last day of vacation otherwise I would have ate there everyday! Another regret is that Juan Loves Lucy is located in Key West and not my home city (St.Louis,MO.) To Jackie and Juan Loves Lucy,thank you for the delicious and healthy food. I can't wait to come back and enjoy your food as well as your good company.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Clitheroe
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Wanted to try something different - the food was very nice and tasty however we were unimpressed by the fact that we were charged for bread that was just put on the table without us requesting it and a 18% mandatory tip that was added on without our consent (I had said I would pay the tip cash whilst my husband put the meal on his card but it was already taken when we got the card back). Also the drinks were not priced and were very pricey and small. Would not return or recommend.

Visited December 2012
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“The best Cuban cuisine in Key West”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stumbled upon this little hideaway and discovered the best Cuban food we have ever eaten (my husband is Cuban). The pork loin was out of this world!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vermont
“Awesome roast pork”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

i loved the roast pork so much I ate here twice in 3 days! small, family run place right on duval street. Inexpensive, authentic cuban food

• Visited November 2012