“great bbq at a great price” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #121 of 356 restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Grill, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Charlie Mac's is the winner of the 2013 Key Plaza Memorial Day BBQ Cook Off and serves up the best island-flavored BBQ in Key West. Inspired by the sizzling pits of South Carolina, Charlie Mac’s is Pat Croce’s latest Mile Zero local hot spot. Tap into two dozen brews. Order up an icy cocktail. Kick back to live music. Enjoy the great vibes right next to the Green Parrot Bar. And get lively with the Southernmost Hurricane Club on game day at the new official Key West home of the University of Miami Hurricanes.
Greenwood, Indiana
“great bbq at a great price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We had dinner here last night. The bbq is excellent and the sides are even better. Baked beans were the best. We sat inside and actually had the inside area to ourselves for most of the meal. Live music outside which you can also hear inside.

Visited May 2013
PhillytoKeyWest, Manager at Charlie Mac's, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
We are glad that you loved the music and food! Please come back and see us again soon.

81% Recommend
North Carolina
“Outstanding BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I have eaten at Charlie Mac's several times. Each time I have ordered the turkey platter with a double order of baked beans. (the baked beans are that good). The platter comes with corn bread and slaw. The food is outstanding! There are three varieties of BBQ sauce on the table. I recommend asking for a pitcher of water or what ever it is you drink depending on the amount and spiciness of the BBQ sauce you use. I am from North Carolina and Charlie Mac's BBQ is equal to any I have eaten in NC. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
SMKennedy, Director of Marketing at Charlie Mac's, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you so much for this great review and for being a repeat guest. We are so happy you have found great BBQ away from home and we'll be sure to have plenty of beans ready for your next visit to Key West!
Sanford, Florida
“Thank you Charlie Mac's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I grew up in Kansas City Missouri and am a total BBQ snob.I have lived in Florida about 15 years and the thing I have missed most is some good BBQ. I recently visited Key West and found a BBQ treasure. I have to say that Charlie Mac's had the best brisket I have ever had in my life. It is so good it melts in your mouth. I also had their smoked turkey and baby back ribs both very good but the brisket is where it's at. For sides the green beans are also excellent. The art work and atmosphere was great and also very clean. Our server Danielle was amazing, I strongly recommend asking to sit in her section great service very fast and friendly, I just kept coming back for more. Love this place and am going to be craving it when I leave.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you so much - we will pass along your kind words to Danielle.
Springfield, Missouri
“Stop in for the Bloody Mary's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We can not tell you anything about their food; but can about their beer menu and bloody Mary's. While visiting Key West, we stopped in to try Charlie Mac's and never made it any further. Their Bloody Mary's are really the best our two connoisseurs had ever had. Charlie uses their BBQ rub on the rim and add the right amount of spice and flavorful additions to make them "oh so good". We look forward to our next visit to your beautiful city. We hope to arrive hungry next time and can't wait to buy Charlie Mac's rub from your on-line store. Getting thirsty just thinking about it!
Thanks Chris......................................................you are the very best.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
SMKennedy, Director of Marketing at Charlie Mac's, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thanks for your review. Chris is great isn't she? We hope when you stop in next time, you enjoy some of our food, but we're happy we won you over with our spicy Bloody Mary!
Ebensburg, PA
“A nbice new place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised by the new place called Charlie Mac's. The food is good, the beer selection broad. Themusic was a little bit loud for our older ears, but overall we liked it.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thanks for your review - we're happy we pleasantly surprised you. Come back soon!