We enjoyed our stay at The Palms, especially the service! Danny welcomed us when we arrived, and made sure we understood how to best use what the hotel had to offer. We wouldn't have known about some of the neat things if he hadn't told us-- the communal kitchen area, the bike rentals, etc. as well as parking. He asked what we had planned, and was familiar with the specific activities. He mentioned a few things that turned out to be helpful for us, about things totally separate from our stay at the hotel-- but about our vacation.
The woman who checked us out was also really organized and friendly. She helped us out, since our last activity was snorkeling and we had nowhere to park for the afternoon, and nowhere to shower. We ended up just air-drying and skipping showers at the end, but it was really nice of her to offer.
They seem to really know how to help travelers out!
I looked at a lot of hotels online, and looked at the photos customers had posted... there are a lot of really dingy hotels in Key West. So, for the price, I think this place was totally fine, and had great character and was clean. It's not super fancy, but was perfectly comfortable. We loved walking through the place, down to the pool area, and just walking around the little mazes of it. Another review said the breakfast seemed it was "straight from Costco". Well, I don't know if it was or not, but it was really quite good! My husband I eat tons of fruit, and the fruit was very fresh, and they had a good variety of muffins, bagels, toast, beverages, etc!
We also absolutely loved the location. It's not in the middle of everything, but is definitely in walking distance. The location was totally perfect.
- Also Known As:
- The Palms Hotel- Key West Hotel
- The Palms Hotel- Key West Hotel Key West
- Palms Hotel Key West
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palms Hotel is the perfect hybrid of a quaint historically built guesthouse with all the amenities of a modern hotel in the historic district of Key West, 8 short blocks to Duval. Complimentary breakfast, seasonally heated pool, WI-FI property wide, guest computer, bicycle rental ($), BBQ picnic spot and lounge areas around the porches of the property. Each of our guest rooms is equipped with a TV, telephone, individually controlled air conditioner and ceiling fans. Children welcome. Pets under 35 lbs welcome ($). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your The Palms Hotel- Key West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.